It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

TJD was wasted at that point. He was struggling to get back down the floor. I don't think he had much left in the tank the rest of the game

Well each timeout is 2.30 minutes plus the 30 seconds that was played on the court.  To me a 19 year old athlete who should be in great shape should be ready to go back in after 5 minutes.  Some of those  terrible athletes of the 80's and 90's played 37+ minutes a game and even played the whole 40 minutes

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Conditioning and dealing with injuries is part of the game, or it used to be.  

I really dont know what is going on.  Do we live in a wimpy world where even the tiniest injury put you on the bench.

I only played sports to my SR at the high school level but I played through pain and sprains and broken bones because I wanted to play and win. 

After the rower got paid at IU, the basketball team has suffered from fear of litigation

8 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

And the Donovan people.

And the Marshall people.

Nope.....Just Alford.

Marshall just got fired and I don’t know what universe you live in but Donovan was never going to coach IU in this one.

But don’t worry, the Alford people can join the Fife people in being mad this time around. So there’s that....

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That is the correct response.  Don't go and boo, just don't show up.

I do feel bad for the guy though, this is a tough business and things have not worked out.  Luckily he has several million dollars in earnings to soften the blow.

I feel bad for the players. Not Archie.  Hes made big bucks while failing at his job.  

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well each timeout is 2.30 minutes plus the 30 seconds that was played on the court.  To me a 19 year old athlete who should be in great shape should be ready to go back in after 5 minutes.  Some of those  terrible athletes of the 80's and 90's played 37+ minutes a game and even played the whole 40 minutes

Exactly.  Some old school nfl players smoked cigarettes at half time.  We have entered squarely into the period know has hard men create soft men and soft men create hard times.  

2 minutes ago, John S said:

I feel bad for the players. Not Archie.  Hes made big bucks while failing at his job.  

Literally filthy rich.  

@Billingsley99 was just mentioning 2 guys he coached aau with that were MANAGERS that are now d1 coaches.  

Brad freaking Stevens quit, what was it Lily, for an assistant coaching gig a BUTLER.  Why?  

Loot 

Booty loot 

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me Archie lost tonight's game at the 7:50 mark of the second half.  He took out TJD at 8:14 at a TV timeout which was fine but then 25 seconds later had another TV timeout and we were down 48-47.  There is no reason after two long TV timeouts not to have TJD back on the court. By the time he brought him back in we were down 8 and the game was pretty much over.

He has shown often an uncanny ability to kill momentum and/or coach in a way that ensures we never build a big lead.   

2 minutes ago, John S said:

He has shown often an uncanny ability to kill momentum and/or coach in a way that ensures we never build a big lead.   

And not changing anything in either end.

Rutgers did the same high ball screen pick and roll play the entire second half and Miller did nothing different 

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me Archie lost tonight's game at the 7:50 mark of the second half.  He took out TJD at 8:14 at a TV timeout which was fine but then 25 seconds later had another TV timeout and we were down 48-47.  There is no reason after two long TV timeouts not to have TJD back on the court. By the time he brought him back in we were down 8 and the game was pretty much over.

Is that when TJD missed the bunny at the 835 mark because his legs were shot? I actually thought it was a great way to get a guy some quick rest when he came out of the first tv timeout asking to come out. Maybe my tv screen showed a different #23 tugging at the front of his jersey saying I need a breather. 

13 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Nope.....Just Alford.

Marshall just got fired and I don’t know what universe you live in but Donovan was never going to coach IU in this one.

But don’t worry, the Alford people can join the Fife people in being mad this time around. So there’s that....

You're arguing just to argue.

No matter how unrealistic Donovan was, many fans thought that he might be coming and was disappointed that he didn't.

I understand Marshall was fired recently but at the time of the Archie hire, many fans wanted him to get the job.

I don't know what universe you live in where you don't remember or know all of this. Which leads me to believe that you simply want to argue. 

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Some rower sued over ignoring injuries and wala athletes bill of rights

Pussy, that Athlete bill of rights is doing IU no good. Grow a set of balls.  

I honestly dont know how to fix it but people need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves.

Find redemption and forgiveness in their hearts. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is that when TJD missed the bunny at the 835 mark because his legs were shot? I actually thought it was a great way to get a guy some quick rest when he came out of the first tv timeout asking to come out. Maybe my tv screen showed a different #23 tugging at the front of his jersey saying I need a breather. 

I agreed taking him out when they did but stating that going through 2 TV timeouts and the 30 seconds of playing time should have been enough to be ready to come back in the game.

15 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Some rower sued over ignoring injuries and wala athletes bill of rights

The Bill or rights went too far but I will say there were systemic issues at IU with ignoring injuries for players.  This was also an issue with Wilson and the football team at the same time as the rower issue.  They could have easily ensured a safe environment for all student athletes without the full bill or rights.

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

Frustrating to hear Archie talking about player fatigue and dealing with injuries. Nobody forced Archie to play with 11 scholarship players the past two seasons. 

Maybe if he didnt self-impose a scholarship limit on his team they'd be in a better position to manage fatigue and injuries.

It's just nonsense the way he's set up his roster and there is nobody to blame but himself.

This is an underrated point.  How terrible the roster management has been under Archie doesn’t get talked enough about.

He’s built an awful roster over four years... Never recruited over the two terrible guards he recruited three and four years ago that played 25-30 mpg and started all season.  Has recruited 4 bigs the entire time he’s been here that have ever done anything (Smith, Thompson, TJD, Brunk)... one was a “Crean guy” he ran off the team, and Thompson and Brunk are role players at best.  (Absolute joke that he blamed this pathetic season on missing Joe Brunk in the postgame presser tonight, lol.) Only carried 11 scholarship players on the roster the last two seasons even though we’ve been repeatedly hit with injuries, and most of the players suck even when they’re healthy.  And currently he’s bringing in a juco transfer and four star big to save the day next year.

Makes Crean look like a recruiting and roster management genius.

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Pussy, that Athlete bill of rights is doing IU no good. Grow a set of balls.  

I honestly dont know how to fix it but people need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves.

Find redemption and forgiveness in their hearts. 

I'm totally good with athletes seeing the trainer.  Sueing while getting a full ride?  Go screw yourself.

But the gift that keeps on giving, Fred Glass thought he would out smart the athletic world...

And this ridiculous buyout and Creans ridiculous extension

Archived