It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Pussy, that Athlete bill of rights is doing IU no good. Grow a set of balls.  

I honestly dont know how to fix it but people need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves.

Find redemption and forgiveness in their hearts. 

I know I have said it before but the Bill of rights is not hurting IU.  It just guarantees and athlete they will still get their education paid for but their roster spot is not guaranteed.  It is mainly to help players who no longer can play their sport due to injuries or let players come back if they leave early/

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

The Bill or rights went too far but I will say there were systemic issues at IU with ignoring injuries for players.  This was also an issue with Wilson and the football team at the same time as the rower issue.  They could have easily ensured a safe environment for all student athletes without the full bill or rights.

Exactly.  

But the gift of Fred the biggest head

10 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

You're arguing just to argue.

No matter how unrealistic Donovan was, many fans thought that he might be coming and was disappointed that he didn't.

I understand Marshall was fired recently but at the time of the Archie hire, many fans wanted him to get the job.

I don't know what universe you live in where you don't remember or know all of this. Which leads me to believe that you simply want to argue. 

It was universally praised as a great hire, even from good ole Dan. Sure, some fans might have been upset. But the vast majority were fine with it.

While I like Archie and thought he was a good hire, he has to be held accountable for this disaster. It’s too bad for everyone...the players, the fans, the university, and yes Archie.

I’m retired now, but I worked in a profession where results mattered and I would have been long gone with this type of performance.

Let’s end this now and move on before it gets even worse next year.

13 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

The Bill or rights went too far but I will say there were systemic issues at IU with ignoring injuries for players.  This was also an issue with Wilson and the football team at the same time as the rower issue.  They could have easily ensured a safe environment for all student athletes without the full bill or rights.

I would have given my left nut to play for IU and RMK.  When you sign up to play college sports at 18 years old, you are technically an adult.

If an 18 year old can go to war but another cant play a sport because my feelings, then maybe we should re-evaluate who we consider adults.  

Fred Glass BOR smells like cow farts.

Well if anyone wants to talk how bad this board is should go over to rivals right now.  I just read their comments and just have to laugh. One guy was getting on the fans for booing and the people on message boards calling the players losers and other not so kind of stuff.  Then others came back and called this guy soft and and another name for a kitty cat

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if anyone wants to talk how bad this board is should go over to rivals right now.  I just read their comments and just have to laugh. One guy was getting on the fans for booing and the people on message boards calling the players losers and other not so kind of stuff.  Then others came back and called this guy soft and and another name for a kitty cat

I was actually just going to be a p***y myself and comment how utterly lame some people are on social media replying to players, mostly about how they'll have a new coach etc. Everyone needs a little perspective. We're all disappointed, I'm sure the team more than anyone. I really cannot believe you would troll players and make negative comments. Grow up. 

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I was actually just going to be a p***y myself and comment how utterly lame some people are on social media replying to players, mostly about how they'll have a new coach etc. Everyone needs a little perspective. We're all disappointed, I'm sure the team more than anyone. I really cannot believe you would troll players and make negative comments. Grow up. 

And people think this fan base is not a problem. Go on Twitter and see how this great fan base treats its own players.

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

That is ridiculous and we all need to get lives

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Stevens, Beard, Donovan are not walking through that door 

Ok.  Find a psychotic young coach like we did with Robert Knight.  

Most of these dudes live such a lavish lifestyle they forgot what grind and pressure is.  That's why one is at the Bulls.  Nothing is expected there.  And TT.  Like they care about basketball.  Stevens is the only one with the radical dna to say bleep it, I can do it.  He can actually control the roster and players.  Not going to happen but he's the Saban.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If we had hired Pitino, which of the following would have made you consider it may not have been a good move.

• Karen Sypher 'event' at Porcini's
  • Strippers being brought in to entice recruits.
  • Six figure payment to recruit.

As far as Calipari.  As bad as IU and Archie performed this year, we had a better season than UK.  Calipari's one and done approach is no longer a viable way to compete.  He won his single National Championship with a generational talent surrounded by a team full of other NBA players.  And, we STILL beat that team that year.   He will never win another one unless he changes the way he recruits.

Are you really trying to knock Calipari's performance since the time we could have had him?

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Ok.  Find a psychotic young coach like we did with Robert Knight.  

Most of these dudes live such a lavish lifestyle they forgot what grind and pressure is.  That's why one is at the Bulls.  Nothing is expected there.  And TT.  Like they care about basketball.  Stevens is the only one with the radical dna to say bleep it, I can do it.  He can actually control the roster and players.  Not going to happen but he's the Saban.  

Right there is one of the problems with IU and the fans. It always comes back to getting the next RMK and trying to compare every coach to him.  There will never be another RMK since he was one of the all time great coaches so to expect others to be him is not fair.  Also if the fans seriously think the way you do about coaches who stays at their current job just tells me how far this fan base has slipped.  I use to think this fan base was the smartest in college basketball but we are now just like all the others.

37 minutes ago, JugRox said:

And people think this fan base is not a problem. Go on Twitter and see how this great fan base treats its own players.

Really, I'm embarrassed. This season sucked bad enough, people shouldn't make it worse by reacting like a bunch of online loser bully trolls. The pure anger is over the top. Get out of the basement and off your computer. If you're that pissed off, go for a jog.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Right there is one of the problems with IU and the fans. It always comes back to getting the next RMK and trying to compare every coach to him.  There will never be another RMK since he was one of the all time great coaches so to expect others to be him is not fair.  Also if the fans seriously think the way you do about coaches who stays at their current job just tells me how far this fan base has slipped.  I use to think this fan base was the smartest in college basketball but we are now just like all the others.

True.

When RMK was on the sidelines, the fans were able to see an intelligent and effective approach to basketball that netted amazing results. Witnessing this -- and the nuances RMK had in his offense/schemes/roster orientation/etc. -- did make the fanbase "smarter" than the average group. We were able to absorb what we saw on the court and see how it was superior to the competition. 

Now, we don't have that. What are we watching on the court that in any way is better than what the other guys are putting on the floor?

31 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I would have given my left nut to play for IU and RMK.  When you sign up to play college sports at 18 years old, you are technically an adult.

If an 18 year old can go to war but another cant play a sport because my feelings, then maybe we should re-evaluate who we consider adults.  

Fred Glass BOR smells like cow farts.

Sorry but I think you are wrong here.  When an entire coaching staff is pressuring you to play while injured that’s a problem.  Being told you need to man up when you are being told to play with broken bones or severe injuries is not right.  If the coaches where not pressuring medical staff to sign off players who were not ready to play this would never have been an issue.  They absolutely needed to step in and do something.  Plenty of adults are put in bad situations by their leaders who are supposed to be looking out for their best interests and at not.  Something needed to be done to fix it.  It just didn’t need to be something that completely shifted the narrative in the players favor.

Archived