It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, we definitely have a jackass component to the fanbase.  I think they exist everywhere but you generally don't seem them unless things are going really bad.  Unfortunately we have found ourselves in that situation quite a bit lately so the a-hole section of our fanbase has been on full display.

People should blow that guy up with comments.  I don't do Twitter so I can't be involved.  You can get some interesting info from that forum, but in my experience it is mostly a forum for people to act like sociopaths.

Just posted a comment under that ridiculous Tweet.  Social media has its good and bad points, and unfortunately the opportunity to be unclassy often presents itself on social media.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, JugRox said:

And people think this fan base is not a problem. Go on Twitter and see how this great fan base treats its own players.

I see the same thing with every fan base when times are bad.  Teams that have larger fan bases simply have more people. 

36 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

When TJD went out with 8:12 or so in the second, the offense was stagnant. I was wondering the same thing about bringing in Hunter or Leal, not so much Lander.

Was it stagnant though? 

Maybe I have the timeliness wrong, but I believe while TJD was out Franklin missed a wide open wing 3, Franklin missed a wide open elbow jumper, Race missed a virtually uncontested layup at the rim, and someone else missed a makeable layup. 

All great shots, the guys just couldn't execute for whatever reason. 

Just now, JJack said:

I see the same thing with every fan base when times are bad.  Teams that have larger fan bases simply have more people. 

Show me another fan base booing its own players when they miss Free Throws at the end of the game and then go after him on social media the next day. (Besides UK)

Please, show me....

Let's say you were a high school kid and was interested in IU and watched last night. What is your impression of the fan base?

2 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

At the 9 minute mark, we were on a run of sorts and Rutgers called a timeout.  When we returned to the floor, Archie put Durham in for RP.  Durham was the point and walked the ball into the offense, dribbled between his legs a few times, one hand lobbed the ball to someone else and then stood, desperation shot at the end of the shot clock...second time down, he threw a horrible pass into the post.  At that point, Rutgers was back up by 3 or 5 and the game was over...if Rob needed a rest, why go with Durham there versus Lander?  Archie’s love affair with Durham over the last few years is unexplainable

I mean we can pick a part every game play by play and determine would would be best in for that singular play. obviously basketball doesnt work like that. Lander, although much improved, is still a liability on defense and cannot create his own shot. Terrific ball handler and passer, but if there is no one on the floor that can hit a shot, his passing ability is moot.  

Just now, JugRox said:

Show me another fan base booing its own players when they miss Free Throws at the end of the game and then go after him on social media the next day. (Besides UK)

Please, show me....

Let's say you were a high school kid and was interested in IU and watched last night. What is your impression of the fan base?

In all honesty being around a lot of kids that have played D1 in many sports I am sure it really does not bother them as much as it does us fans. Of course they are human and at the time it might not be pleasant but as competitors I am pretty sure most not only have thick skin but also a belief in themselves that why am I worried about what some people that have never stepped on the court at a high level think. My son was not D1 and that would have been a non issue with him. Me and Mom might be ticked and hurt but he would have said to me I should have hit my free throws

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Gotta admit man responses like to this on Morgan's twitter page are very embarrassing.  He should go root for UK.

I’m of firm belief through life’s experiences that there is without question an equal amount if not more of the lacking common sense crowd.

An old man once told me as a young child... ‘you know, even a chicken with a brain the size of a raisin is smart enough to get out of the rain’ I’ve found that his statement applies to much more than just rain. 

7 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

At the 9 minute mark, we were on a run of sorts and Rutgers called a timeout.  When we returned to the floor, Archie put Durham in for RP.  Durham was the point and walked the ball into the offense, dribbled between his legs a few times, one hand lobbed the ball to someone else and then stood, desperation shot at the end of the shot clock...second time down, he threw a horrible pass into the post.  At that point, Rutgers was back up by 3 or 5 and the game was over...if Rob needed a rest, why go with Durham there versus Lander?  Archie’s love affair with Durham over the last few years is unexplainable

The bigger problem with all that is that TJD was absolutely gassed and had to sit out. So without TJD out there, the next best option is Durham. Who else are you going to get a shot for? Hunter? Thompson? A one legged Franklin?

And that whole situation is a small window to what its going to be like next year with Miller and without TJD.

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Was it stagnant though? 

Maybe I have the timeliness wrong, but I believe while TJD was out Franklin missed a wide open wing 3, Franklin missed a wide open elbow jumper, Race missed a virtually uncontested layup at the rim, and someone else missed a makeable layup. 

All great shots, the guys just couldn't execute for whatever reason. 

you are probably correct. Stagnant was the wrong word. I cant remember who was on the floor at the time. 

AD, RT, TG, JG....? I just remember thinking that we only have two players on the floor with actual offense. The abilty to create their own shot, or make a play to create someone else with a shot. 

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Gotta admit man responses like to this on Morgan's twitter page are very embarrassing.  He should go root for UK.

This is one, of many, reasons that I believe Brad Stevens would never coach IU. As I've said previously, he is coaching one of the two or three most historic, high profile NBA teams and he's under less pressure than he would be trying to re-build Indiana.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

In all honesty being around a lot of kids that have played D1 in many sports I am sure it really does not bother them as much as it does us fans. Of course they are human and at the time it might not be pleasant but as competitors I am pretty sure most not only have thick skin but also a belief in themselves that why am I worried about what some people that have never stepped on the court at a high level think. My son was not D1 and that would have been a non issue with him. Me and Mom might be ticked and hurt but he would have said to me I should have hit my free throws

Or go to another school? You think Kaufman watching last night was like "Yeah, wish I was part of that". Or was he laughing his ass off?

It was an embarrassing representation of the fan base and another thing to be mocked at from other fans.

Again, if people don't think its a part of the problem (even a small part), you are wrong.  

5 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Please, show me....

I don't like it either and I'm not trying to irritate or argue with you.   If I had the time, cared that much to prove it to you, or spent anytime on social media outside IU hoop boards  I would.   Indiana has an element of classless fans.  Who doesn't? 

I sat in Mackey Arena watching Crean's team put a headlock on the Boilers and heard boo birds.   Loved every second of it too! 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is one, of many, reasons that I believe Brad Stevens would never coach IU. As I've said previously, he is coaching one of the two or three most historic, high profile NBA teams and he's under less pressure than he would be trying to re-build Indiana.

If Srad Btevens never put together a 4 year stretch like we’ve just experienced, I don’t think, given his previous accomplishments, that he would feel much heat from the fan base

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I am in no way saying Stevens wont be at Boston next year, but you are wrong when it comes to pressure from the fan base.

While I wouldn't call Celtics fans the UK fans of the NBA, its not that far off either.

There is a reason a lot of the media are bringing up the possibility of firing Stevens. 

3 minutes ago, JJack said:

I don't like it either and I'm not trying to irritate or argue with you.   If I had the time, cared that much to prove it to you, or spent anytime on social media outside IU hoop boards  I would.   Indiana has an element of classless fans.  Who doesn't? 

I sat in Mackey Arena watching Crean's team put a headlock on the Boilers and heard boo birds.   Loved every second of it too! 

I know....it was just so embarrassing last night. 

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

If Srad Btevens never put together a 4 year stretch like we’ve just experienced, I don’t think, given his previous accomplishments, that he would feel much heat from the fan base

Maybe true, but.. No question Brad Stevens is a great coach. However, people should remember, he spent most of his college coaching career in the Horizon League and one year in the A10. Fans would expect him to win at the same level in the B!G that he did at Butler. That's not realistic. The bar would be set higher for him than any other coach they would hire.

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

As the coach of the Celtics, I think he's probably seeing the ugly side of Twitter from time to time (I think recently it's been ugly on Twitter for the Celtics).  It's unfortunate but a well-known observation that there is an active, ugly side of twitter and other social media. I've seen it for any and all types of accounts.  I have to think that at some point, that is recognized and ignored.  I chose to stand up on Mrs. Miller's account because sometimes that just needs pushback, and to comment on the coach's wife's account is just juvenile. 

So, my hope is that it's understood that ugly twitter is not representative of an entire fanbase.

20 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Just posted a comment under that ridiculous Tweet.  Social media has its good and bad points, and unfortunately the opportunity to be unclassy often presents itself on social media.

I'm not that old and I don't do social media.   In no way would I allow my wife to have a public known twitter, facebook, instagram, etc.   

7 minutes ago, Inequality said:

A fella like Btevens is going to have a much longer leash. Especially considering how low the floor has dropped. 

do you though? I would argue that if someone were to take over for next season they would be in a similar situation as when CAM took over. If the Dhali Lama himself took over and had the same results year four, this board wouldnt wait for year 5.

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Maybe true, but.. No question Brad Stevens is a great coach. However, people should remember, he spent most of his college coaching career in the Horizon League and one year in the A10. Fans would expect him to win at the same level in the B!G that he did at Butler. That's not realistic. The bar would be set higher for him than any other coach they would hire.

No doubt the expectations would be through the roof. Myself though would be on such an emotionally happy high, that I wouldn’t be able to hear any negative noise for at least 6-7 years. So I’m fine with it. :coffee:

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

What happened on Twitter was totally wrong, but if Stevens doesn't want a blueblood college job because of some knuckleheads, there's no place he can go at least in collegiate level. IMO, what needs to happen is for IU to step in and to protect the coach's family. IU should issue a formal statement and try to educate fans that certain things shouldn't happen in this day and age. 

Archived