It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

But it works both ways.  Alford was the slam dunk no brainer hire in 2001 but a racist BOT member wouldn't allow it and the administration caved.  Beilein was the absolute no brainer hire when Davis was canned but again our President wouldn't allow it purely because of race.  I'm not saying the IU fans are perfect but the administration bears much if not most of the blame.  They created this mess.

I agree with that I was just reacting to the issues about fans on social media and impact on recruits or coaches. This is not new to just CAM. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree with that I was just reacting to the issues about fans on social media and impact on recruits or coaches. This is not new to just CAM. 

Lots of John Wicks and paper tigers on social media :)

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

do you though? I would argue that if someone were to take over for next season they would be in a similar situation as when CAM took over. If the Dhali Lama himself took over and had the same results year four, this board wouldnt wait for year 5.

My money is on the Dalai Lama getting us in the tourney by the 4th year....so we have that going for us.

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think both stay if a change is made.  Leal's family is an IU family.  I don't see that guy leaving.  I know his Mom used to be on here, but has maybe moved on, but if she is still lurking, I have heard a few people say that Anthony has a little hitch in his shot.  I think the kids need to do like Franklin and seek some people outside the coaching staff that can help with things like that.  It does not sound like that is happening with the current staff.

Last night Leary said that Leal has a problem with his form.  He also said that film of him shooting after one of the game would do more harm than good.  He said if he keeps practicing with the wrong form it will just make his shot worse.  Unless there is a coach out there working with him to correct the problem it does no good practicing.

Just now, Madison22 said:

After this season, I would take the Dalai Lama over Archie in a heartbeat.  

dali 2.JPG

He already has a place in Bloomington. He could bring in Steven Seagal as an assistant and Richard Gere. If we can't win on the court our assistant coaches could beat the the crap out of the other teams coaches at least.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

In all honesty being around a lot of kids that have played D1 in many sports I am sure it really does not bother them as much as it does us fans. Of course they are human and at the time it might not be pleasant but as competitors I am pretty sure most not only have thick skin but also a belief in themselves that why am I worried about what some people that have never stepped on the court at a high level think. My son was not D1 and that would have been a non issue with him. Me and Mom might be ticked and hurt but he would have said to me I should have hit my free throws

Last night Coin Hartman was on a post game show and he talked about how social media effected him early in his career.  He said his freshman year he and his teammates would look at all the social media outlets and message boards to see what people were saying about them.  He said the negative comments did effect him and his confidence.  He said in his sophomore year after they played bad in Maui losing 2 of 3 that the team had a players only meeting.  The decided to get off of all social media and not listen to the outside noise and that is when that season took off.

He also thinks that these comments on social media is effecting the players on the team because they are trying to hard to get the fans approval.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Last night Coin Hartman was on a post game show and he talked about how social media effected him early in his career.  He said his freshman year he and his teammates would look at all the social media outlets and message boards to see what people were saying about them.  He said the negative comments did effect him and his confidence.  He said in his sophomore year after they played bad in Maui losing 2 of 3 that the team had a players only meeting.  The decided to get off of all social media and not listen to the outside noise and that is when that season took off.

He also thinks that these comments on social media is effecting the players on the team because they are trying to hard to get the fans approval.

Easy solution stay off social media.  If anyone thinks things are bad now bring CAM back and see the fallout next year. I think the players would welcome it because they maybe the pressure would be off.

Easy solution stay off social media.  If anyone thinks things are bad now bring CAM back and see the fallout next year. I think the players would welcome it because they maybe the pressure would be off.

100%

It would make Crean's and Davis's last years look like a walk in the park.

Just now, JugRox said:

100%

It would make Crean's and Davis's last years look like a walk in the park.

I don't want that for anyone. I never ever want anyone to be fired. ITs a terrible feeling and as a man no matter how secure you are it messes with you in many ways. I understand that financially CAM is in a different place than most of here us but still I hate seeing it. When you accept the position you know that there is a great chance you will be fired before you retire. By all accounts CAM seems like a great guy except not allowing me access to practice right @KoB2011just playing all in good fun. Not the right guy at the right time. He will be successful somewhere else i believe that

.....and I see your,... "If anyone thinks things are bad now, bring CAM back and see the fallout next year."... 

and raise you...."If CAM is back, just wait till our 1st loss to a bad team in front of a half filled ANGRY Assembly Hall!"

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Gotta admit man responses like to this on Morgan's twitter page are very embarrassing.  He should go root for UK.

Here's this tool if anyone wants to send him a message to go cheer for uk.  I'm sure his boss at mercedes would love to hear about how classy his sales guy is.  

Screenshot_20210312-113114.png

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Then stay off social media if you’re that sensitive 

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Here's this tool if anyone wants to send him a message to go cheer for uk.  I'm sure his boss at mercedes would love to hear about how classy his sales guy is.  

Screenshot_20210312-113114.png

....I Agree that this guys is a total TOOL! This type of erratic behavior is a total embarrassment to the entire IU community. In the very same breath, we definitely don't need to sink to his level. He will get his one way or another.

Archived