It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saying you bailed on a coach who won a lot more than the coach you are fighting for

Okay Scott. In your mind, your right. 

Crean had the high school coaches in the state in his back pocket 

He had a well thought out recruiting plan

He only recruited high level kids 

He only recruited kids who were high character 

You know. You go on and on about how you would quit following the team under certain circumstances, if certain coaches were hired.  Crean wasn’t a Cal or a Pitino, but he wasn’t squeaky clean 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

Not that anyone cares, but I have been on these boards since Gov’t Cheese was around and GoColts was an irritant but solid poster.  My user name is an homage to our long time friend Ken.  That doesn’t buy me any internet cred, but I enjoy the back and forth on these platforms.

I am familiar with IUScott on TOS, and wasn’t a fan of his.  But on this site, he is a passionate and consistent poster.  I don’t always agree with his posts, but I respect his loyalty to IU basketball.  Tip of the cap Scott.

I graduated from IU in 1992.  Yes I am old.  I miss tuning in to an IU game and expecting to compete for the win.  I miss having a coach that gets the team better as the season goes on.  I wanted Archie to bring IU back to the conversation.  I never opined that he would be the next RMK, but I hoped he would bring IU out of the cellar.  It just hasn’t happened.  I wish Archie the best, but it has to be time to move on.  Anyone who still believe Archie is the answer, hasn’t looked at the test question.  IU fans deserve better than 10th place in year 4.  Feel free to ignore this post, just needed to get this off my chest.  Go IU!

Thanks for sharing

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not mad at all.

Like @IUFLAsaid, became clear to me that Crean was not the guy. Gave my reasons 70 or 80 or115 pages back.

No arbitrary line. Just saying that folks accusing me of bailing on Crean ought to realize/acknowledge/accept that it wasn’t after 4 years, and Archie should be given the same time to prove if he’s the guy or not.

I'm really curious what you think is gonna change. I tried to convince myself Archie was the guy for years, but this year showed me that he truly doesn't have what it takes. Terrible roster management, bad defense, atrocious offense, recruiting is dead, transfers wont want to come to a lame duck coach, team chemistry seems poor, etc.  What in gods name do you see in the future that gives you hope?

9 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

Not that anyone cares, but I have been on these boards since Gov’t Cheese was around and GoColts was an irritant but solid poster.  My user name is an homage to our long time friend Ken.  That doesn’t buy me any internet cred, but I enjoy the back and forth on these platforms.

I am familiar with IUScott on TOS, and wasn’t a fan of his.  But on this site, he is a passionate and consistent poster.  I don’t always agree with his posts, but I respect his loyalty to IU basketball.  Tip of the cap Scott.

I graduated from IU in 1992.  Yes I am old.  I miss tuning in to an IU game and expecting to compete for the win.  I miss having a coach that gets the team better as the season goes on.  I wanted Archie to bring IU back to the conversation.  I never opined that he would be the next RMK, but I hoped he would bring IU out of the cellar.  It just hasn’t happened.  I wish Archie the best, but it has to be time to move on.  Anyone who still believe Archie is the answer, hasn’t looked at the test question.  IU fans deserve better than 10th place in year 4.  Feel free to ignore this post, just needed to get this off my chest.  Go IU!

I started on Peegs around 97 or 98 and got into arguments with a post called Gorjko.  He didn't like the fact I was questioning RMK and whether it was time for a change

Just now, HoobieDoobie said:

I'm really curious what you think is gonna change. I tried to convince myself Archie was the guy for years, but this year showed me that he truly doesn't have what it takes. Terrible roster management, bad defense, atrocious offense, recruiting is dead, transfers wont want to come to a lame duck coach, team chemistry seems poor, etc.  What in gods name do you see in the future that gives you hope?

Brunk coming back would mean a lot.

If TJD comes back, and Aarman progresses like he did, you have two kids that are similar, not yet as good as the two at Illinois this year.

TJD, Race, Brunk and Ducomb would provide a good interior rotation. 

Landers taking over at pg, backed by a Senior Rob. Stewart is an unknown but if he can provide outside shooting, big plus.

If the roster stays intact, it would be the first real sample size of the “get old, stay old” mantra. Been stated on here many times how important that concept is to succeeding in college basketball.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If TJD comes back, and Aarman progresses like he did, you have two kids that are similar, not yet as good as the two at Illinois this year.

Landers taking over at pg, backed by a Senior Rob. Stewart is an unknown but if he can provide outside shooting, big plus.

If the roster stays intact, it would be the first real sample size of the “get old, stay old” mantra. Been stated on here many times how important that concept is to succeeding in college basketball.

Why does it take 5 years to get old? That’s a crap ton of ifs 

We are getting more than a few reports on this thread for offending posts. Thank you - it’s moving quickly and that’s very helpful. 

If you’re wondering whether a post is appropriate, it probably isn’t. Please don’t make us ban you, even only temporarily, because you really wanted to attack someone else. Just take a walk. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why does it take 5 years to get old? That’s a crap ton of ifs 

Been covered on here before.

Romeo 1 and done.

Forrester and Moore left.

The least likely of what I said is that Trace returns, although I think it would be a mistake for him to leave.

5 years = 1 recruiting cycle. This next season would be his first complete cycle 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Been covered on here before.

Romeo 1 and done.

Forrester and Moore left.

The least likely of what I said is that Trace returns, although I think it would be a mistake for him to leave.

5 years = 1 recruiting cycle. This next season would be his first complete cycle 

Those are still on the coach those were controllable situations that he failed to address 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Each season is different...I posted how last year Michigan was 19-12 overall and 10-10 in the B1G last year, lost their top 2 scorers and replaced them with a freshman and 2 grad transfers and won the B1G...

What UM has done is impressive. Going into this season UM had a lower percentage of returning scoring than IU and most pundits picked them to finish below IU in the Big Ten. Howard saw a need and filled it with two senior transfer guards, that have been crucial to their success, and brought in a freshman that is their leading scorer (a 4th important player, Wagner, is only in his second year). The fact that four of their most important players have only been in the program for one or two years gives me hope that we can also turn this around without needing another 3-5-7 years.

What Howard has done also shines a light on “bad-luck” Archie’s roster management in that IU  has had a multi-year need for improved guard play, and more interior depth, but rather than successfully resolving the issue like Howard he has gone into multiple seasons with open scholarships. Sometimes you make your own luck.

Not sure why it's so hard for people to see two sides of the brain. People might want a change, upset with results,etc....but at the same time the same brain can also think it might be better to bring Archie back for one more year vs hiring a different version of him?

If the home run is there you go get him. If not I bring Archie back....because I believe our upside is higher next year and ultimately beyond w/Archie and TJD back, healthy Brunk (about 4-5 wins this year)..Armaan...and a round of normal off season with Lander, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and Race. 

Again...for the it has to be one way or the other crowd. I get it. We're all pissed. Goes without saying. Looking forward though if the home run isn't there....given what the available candidates are....I'm leaning to another round that way I know for sure this isn't the guy. 

Plenty of examples in the Big 10 current and past where the Admin took a one more year chance on a guy and it paid off. Of course there is the opposite. Keep going back to the same thing. Unless the HR is there....you bring Archie back. God knows our players can't shoot 9-60 in 3 straight important games from 3 again.

6 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

We are getting more than a few reports on this thread for offending posts. Thank you - it’s moving quickly and that’s very helpful. 

If you’re wondering whether a post is appropriate, it probably isn’t. Please don’t make us ban you, even only temporarily, because you really wanted to attack someone else. Just take a walk. 

I apologize for calling Fouls Jethro

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Didn’t set anything up other than a possibility that you don’t think is plausible. Archie doesn’t suck. Would have never been hired by IU if he did. Unless you believe that a “blue blood “ program would hire a HC who “sucks”

Maybe he didnt suck in Dayton, but he has sucked at IU.  No doubt about that.  

6 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Quick question. Are there actually people that report other people's posts on here? Not sure why I find that funny....wouldn't even know how to report someone. That's some weak stuff. Kudos to you mods. Fun times I bet!

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure why it's so hard for people to see two sides of the brain. People might want a change, upset with results,etc....but at the same time the same brain can also think it might be better to bring Archie back for one more year vs hiring a different version of him?

If the home run is there you go get him. If not I bring Archie back....because I believe our upside is higher next year and ultimately beyond w/Archie and TJD back, healthy Brunk (about 4-5 wins this year)..Armaan...and a round of normal off season with Lander, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and Race. 

Again...for the it has to be one way or the other crowd. I get it. We're all pissed. Goes without saying. Looking forward though if the home run isn't there....given what the available candidates are....I'm leaning to another round that way I know for sure this isn't the guy. 

Plenty of examples in the Big 10 current and past where the Admin took a one more year chance on a guy and it paid off. Of course there is the opposite. Keep going back to the same thing. Unless the HR is there....you bring Archie back. God knows our players can't shoot 9-60 in 3 straight important games from 3 again.

Just my opinion I see more players leaving if Archie stays than if he is fired.  Also I have trouble with using one side of my brain let alone two sides.  Also the shooting hasn't improved over 4 years so what makes you think it will be drastically better next year.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick question. Are there actually people that report other people's posts on here? Not sure why I find that funny....wouldn't even know how to report someone. That's some weak stuff. Kudos to you mods. Fun times I bet!

Just look at the top right of the post and click on the 3 dots.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No kidding, are some of you really getting your feelings hurt so bad you're running to the mods? Its a fan message board, jeez.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes and we sincerely appreciate it. I know it seems like it’s tattling, but it’s not.  We have incredibly basic rules and when someone doesn’t follow them, it doesn’t make the conversation better at all. It just drags it down. 

We all work and lead lives and miss things, especially when a thread moves fast like this one. 

Just now, HoosierFaithful said:

Yes and we sincerely appreciate it. I know it seems like it’s tattling, but it’s not.  We have incredibly basic rules and when someone doesn’t follow them, it doesn’t make the conversation better at all. It just drags it down. 

We all work and lead lives and miss things, especially when a thread moves fast like this one. 

Kudos again. Can't imagine a guy or gal running to a click button to report someone on a message board. Where I come from?? Weak stuff is all I got for actions like that.

Makes me curious if I've ever been reported. Haha.

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Brunk coming back means very little and Lander isnt taking over anything. We have nothing coming in and TJD is as good as gone. Nice post tho 🙄

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I’m with you on some of that but the PG position is crucial in college and while I think Lander might end up being special I would be more than a little nervous handing him the keys to start the season. His passing and court vision is elite but his shooting, defense and strength have a long way to go.

Hopefully TJD and Brunk come back.

The transfer market is going to be nuts since every player in the NCAA is eligible for another year. A number of rosters might look a lot different than expected.

2 minutes ago, HoobieDoobie said:

No kidding, are some of you really get your feelings hurt so bad you're running to the mods? Its a fan message board, jeez.

Reporting a post has nothing to do with anyone getting their feelings hurt.  It has to do with respecting what this forum is about.  The rules Mile and CC built this site upon.  If I see someone calling someone names, I'm going to report that to help out the mods, and keep this site from turning into a cesspool like many of the other IU sites out there.

Archived