It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

2 minutes ago, John S said:

nobody wants a bad hire.  but, thats not a certainty.  If Arch comes back, its a certainty we see more of the same, and fanbase is furious and shrinking.

I agree, but if you put out feelers that waiting a year could result in getting a Tier A guy you wait. That's an easy decision. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Can’t suck again for another season for a maybe 

I'm not personally advocating for that, but sure you can.  

If you feel like you've got say a 30% chance at Brad Stevens by waiting, you'd really be happy to move on this year and hire someone like Alford?

That's clearly a hypothetical, and I'm not actually convinced Stevens is anymore of a sure thing that several others being discussed, but you get the point. 

48 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Because a bad hire sets us back a heck of a lot more than waiting on more year to make a good hire. 

No guarantee waiting means a better hire. It will be the same people making the decision with the same pool of candidates. 

2 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I think our administration will, without question, kick the tires on potential candidates.  I'm not sure they will get all the mechanics lined up to actually make a move, in which case I would support Archie being back.  I don't want to make a move for the sake of making a move.  

Bringing back Archie will cause a toxic atmosphere so I see no way they could bring him back.

39 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree, but if you put out feelers that waiting a year could result in getting a Tier A guy you wait. That's an easy decision. 

I guess I don’t get what a tier 1 guy could say to make you feel confident he will come next year. If he would definitely come next year then what prevents them from coming now? 

If a tier 1 guys says no but maybe next year I am not sure you wait on a maybe. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Because a bad hire sets us back a heck of a lot more than waiting on more year to make a good hire. 

What coach wouldn't be available this but would be next year.  Our candidates would be the same no matter when we fire him so do it now.

7 minutes ago, 8Bucks said:

I guess I don’t get what a tier 1 guy could say to make you feel confident he will come next year. If he would definitely come next year then what prevents them from coming now? 

If a tier 1 guys says no but maybe next year I am not sure you wait on a maybe. 

"I'm open to the discussion but I'd like to finish my season before making a decision either way."

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What coach wouldn't be available this but would be next year.  Our candidates would be the same no matter when we fire him so do it now.

This is false. The notion that the situation would be the exact same in a year for all candidates is extremely silly. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

This is false. The notion that the situation would be the exact same in a year for all candidates is extremely silly. 

Maybe that is your opinion but in my opinion the candidates would be the same.  You can't say an opinion is false but your opinon is correct

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is objectively false. 

We aren’t going with an up and comer. So it’s the same pool of nba and power 5 coaches with a former player as the backup plan. It’s objectively false to say a move this year is for the sake of making a move when it’s the worst stretch of IU basketball in 100 years. A change is needed bc Archie has failed. Hiring the right coach will be Dolson this year and Dolson next year. Dolson’s advisors this year with be the same as next year. 

2 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

If Archie comes back are a new coach comes in, what’s the roster going to look like? 
How many scholarships do we have open. 

I'm about to fire up the DeLorean and jet ahead about 6 months.  I'll come back in a little bit and let you know what our roster looks like for next season.  

1 minute ago, OLDIUFAN said:

If Archie comes back are a new coach comes in, what’s the roster going to look like? 
How many scholarships do we have open. 

Good question...right now with what could come back we have 3 open schollys. If Trayce goes but Joey comes back, still at 3. 

I don't know how it is now, but it use to be you could practice all the way up to the end of the NCAA tournament, even if you were done with actual game play for the year...be interesting to know if that's still the case and if we were still practicing...

Archived