It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Kyrie Irving's response on who the head coach is in Brooklyn

The Nets star guard recently admitted he doesn’t really think Brooklyn has an actual “head coach.” Instead, he thinks the head coaching role will rotate to players like himself and Kevin Durant.

“I don’t really see us having a ‘head’ coach,” Irving said on “The ETCs” podcast with Kevin Durant, via Alec Sturm of Nets Republic. “KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach (some days). . . . Jacque Vaughn could be a head coach could do it one day. It’s a collaborative effort.”

This probably isn’t what Nash wants to hear. Kyrie’s always had trouble with authority, even if that means more experienced players. Nash definitely has some team issues to sort out ahead of the 2021 season.

i just can't imagine coaching a team where they said that about me.  i don't really care for how much money if i could be a college coach and actually have control of my team.  

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

As opposed to clanking wide open, easily makeable shots for 40 minutes? The college game is brutal compared to the NBA. 

Some prefers the college game where others prefers the NBA.  To me it is just not about who is the best athletes or the best players that I look at in basketball.  I just don't like how in the NBA that the players have tried to over take everything and try to run everything.  If they want out they demand a trade and will complain until the management trades them.  I don't like the atmosphere of the NBA game where there is piped in music even during the play on the court.  

In college in normal years I love the passion of the players for the most part plus the fans.  I love having bands and cheerleaders over piped in music that I don't even care for.  I love college basketball because of this past week and the next month because it is one and done over a best of 7 series.

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The nba is such a star driven league, roster management may be capped to a certain extent.  Like Anthony Davis, not wanting to go to the Celtics.  Brad can't control that the nets guys have stacked their roster and they won't be beating them anytime soon.  

All of that is illrelevant compared to the 100 million dollar question.  Does the Steven's family want to come home?  That's really the end game.  Imo

That's a completely different conversation than saying the NBA isn't quality basketball. There isn't a credible basketball person at the NCAA or NBA level that wouldn't say the NBA is a higher quality of basketball by a wide margin. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have been on here going on 4 years and just turned 20.000 post

Raise your hand if you thought the number next to a poster name was post count.  

Yep, me too.  I was super confused and clicked on y'all's name and saw the community reputation number vs post count number.  My board existence has been a lie.  

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Some prefers the college game where others prefers the NBA.  To me it is just not about who is the best athletes or the best players that I look at in basketball.  I just don't like how in the NBA that the players have tried to over take everything and try to run everything.  If they want out they demand a trade and will complain until the management trades them.  I don't like the atmosphere of the NBA game where there is piped in music even during the play on the court.  

In college in normal years I love the passion of the players for the most part plus the fans.  I love having bands and cheerleaders over piped in music that I don't even care for.  I love college basketball because of this past week and the next month because it is one and done over a best of 7 series.

Yes, everyone understands that as fans we all have different things that weight our preferences.

But in terms of objectively talking about which is higher quality basketball, as in strictly looking at the quality of the product on the court, there is no credible debate to be had. 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes, that's what I meant by pageantry. 

When it comes to pageantry college basketball wins by a wide margin. 

When it comes to quality of play on the court the NBA wins by a wide margin. 

To my knowledge, we were talking about the play of the game, not the fans, the movement of players, or off the court things. 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's a completely different conversation than saying the NBA isn't quality basketball. There isn't a credible basketball person at the NCAA or NBA level that wouldn't say the NBA is a higher quality of basketball by a wide margin. 

i know you are generally a genius, but explain to slow guys like me... when you say higher quality... better players or better basketball?  i just need to understand, it's not debatable that the NBA is better basketball to watch.  like no one can think that?

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yes, that's what I meant by pageantry. 

When it comes to pageantry college basketball wins by a wide margin. 

To my knowledge, we were talking about the play of the game, not the fans, the movement of players, or off the court things. 

Putting all of that together I still prefer the game of college basketball including what I see on the court.  It is not as good as it use to be and what is upsetting me it is trying to implement the NBA game in the college game.  I think that is what is hurting the college game is that all the offense is geared to be like the NBA.  I don't enjoy the style of offense that most of the NBA runs where 3 guys stand around and the other two doing a pick and roll.  To me basketball is about player movement and ball movement a not much dribbling.

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i know you are generally a genius, but explain to slow guys like me... when you say higher quality... better players or better basketball?  i just need to understand, it's not debatable that the NBA is better basketball to watch.  like no one can think that?

I never said everyone has to prefer the NBA. There are a lot of things that go into why we like different things. 

The thing that isn't debatable is that the players are more skilled and the X and O's of the NBA are significantly better. The execution is significantly better. I can't really think of a single thing, in terms of on court play, someone could point to being done at a higher level of quality in college than it is in the NBA. 

That doesn't mean everyone has to prefer the same things in terms of what they watch and what they like. Given that you seem to disagree with that, what do you think in terms of on court play is done better in college than it is in the NBA?

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I never said everyone has to prefer the NBA. There are a lot of things that go into why we like different things. 

The thing that isn't debatable is that the players are more skilled and the X and O's of the NBA are significantly better. The execution is significantly better. I can't really think of a single thing, in terms of on court play, someone could point to being done at a higher level of quality in college than it is in the NBA. 

That doesn't mean everyone has to prefer the same things in terms of what they watch and what they like. Given that you seem to disagree with that, what do you think in terms of on court play is done better in college than it is in the NBA?

For the most part I see in the college game the players play with more intensity every game compared to the NBA.  With the 82 game schedules and back to back games you will not see the best from the players every night.  They either take a game off for rest management or wait until the 4th quarter to put effort in the game.

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

But in terms of objectively talking about which is higher quality basketball, as in strictly looking at the quality of the product on the court, there is no credible debate to be had. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

College basketball is my favorite sport, but that said, I don't think there's any disputing these two statements... 

I have been been to the NCAA tournament 7 times all at the RCA Dome.  I also have seen like 10 Pacers playoff game in both Market Square and Bankers Life.  I will take the atmosphere of the tournament any day of the week.  I was at the clinching game where the pacers won their first ever playoff series.  I saw the Pacers force a 5th and final game against the Celtics.  I was at the game a few years go where the Pacers came back and beat beat Lebron and the Cavs.  It still don't hold a candle to having 8 different fan bases in one arena at the same time of the first round.  I have been there with IU once but the there times I was just there as a college basketball fan.  There is nothing like when a team makes a big run or hits a huge 3 and the huge fan base goes crazy.  Again I know this isn't what is being discussed having the bands and cheerleaders with a huge fan base can't be beat.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For the most part I see in the college game the players play with more intensity every game compared to the NBA.  With the 82 game schedules and back to back games you will not see the best from the players every night.  They either take a game off for rest management or wait until the 4th quarter to put effort in the game.

Ah yes I do remember seeing a consistent effort night in and night out in college this season.

Just now, jojo123 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned? probably has. What makes matters even worse for Hoosier fans is the fact the other two coaches that were hired the same time as Archie are coaching for the ship today. Sucks. 

Probably only been said around a 1000 times

Archived