It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

I doubt we land Stevens but if we do the expectations will be crazy.

I consider my first year expectations, however, to be reasonable/modest    ( ie we should go undefeated, hang banner 6 and win every tourney game by at least 10 points) but am afraid others will unrealistically expect us to blow out every team.

Yeah, it would get ugly when we lost at least 10 games and Purdue still beat us twice. Some people would have a hard time understanding that he lost games at Butler. 

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

I doubt we land Stevens but if we do the expectations will be crazy.

I consider my first year expectations, however, to be reasonable/modest    ( ie we should go undefeated, hang banner 6 and win every tourney game by at least 10 points) but am afraid others will unrealistically expect us to blow out every team.

This is true.  It’s not like IU can horde all the good players.  There will be scholly players all over the conference and good coaches.  It’s always going to be a rugged league. 

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

In the past 30 years, IMO college football and pro basketball have totally been lapping college basketball.  I’m attached to IU hoops for a variety of reasons individual to me but I can see that the NBA and college football have pulled way ahead.  

For me I had a lot more interest in the NBA in the 80's and 90's and watched a lot of games. Today I will watch some of the Pacers but will watch a college game over even watching the Pacers.  Until the college season starts I will watch most of the Pacers games and after the college season will do the same.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Someone on BTown said that, since  this Dolson’s first year, he is keeping everything quiet 

How much chatter was coming from Glass before he fired Crean.  I didn't expect to hear anything until at least tomorrow after the BTT is over.  Crean wasn't fired until the day of the first round of the tournament.

17 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned? probably has. What makes matters even worse for Hoosier fans is the fact the other two coaches that were hired the same time as Archie are coaching for the ship today. Sucks. 

FWIW, both of those schools would have rather had Archie at the time of the hire. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well not having much to do this year with having the virus twice losing my job due to the pandemic I had nothing better to do than post on this board.

Pulling you to find a good one real soon.  It’s been a tough year.  I’m glad you have been able to keep a good mindset.  

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well not having much to do this year with having the virus twice losing my job due to the pandemic I had nothing better to do than post on this board.

It's all good.  Guys like you are good at stirring conversation, which is the whole purpose of the board.  Carry on.

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Pulling you to find a good one real soon.  It’s been a tough year.  I’m glad you have been able to keep a good mindset.  

If it wasn't for the stimulus package and increasing the unemployment it would have been a different story

Funny how some of these boards reacts to what some so called insider says.  One guy but not Chris ON Btown banners just said he has a vibe that Archie will be back.  Not syaing he heard anything but a vibe and the others go crazy like it is a done deal.  I just think some of these guys like playing with peoples emotions and probably laughing their heads off seeing the reaction.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Funny how some of these boards reacts to what some so called insider says.  One guy but not Chris ON Btown banners just said he has a vibe that Archie will be back.  Not syaing he heard anything but a vibe and the others go crazy like it is a done deal.  I just think some of these guys like playing with peoples emotions and probably laughing their heads off seeing the reaction.

Exactly, Archie will probably be back anyways and all of this is just hype

Archived