It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

4 minutes ago, madmax said:

If Archie’s tenure ends poorly here, which I wouldn’t say is any sort of certainty, I would be fascinated to watch  his career elsewhere. 

just because he isn't successful here doesn't mean he couldn't be somewhere else.  He seems like he knows basketball, just not sure the B1G is a good fit for him.  At least not at IU and not at this timeframe.  Could be another time or another place could be his big breakout place.  Don't really know

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, madmax said:

If Archie’s tenure ends poorly here, which I wouldn’t say is any sort of certainty, I would be fascinated to watch  his career elsewhere. 

I'd be waiting on the "G** D***** I KNEW We Should Have Kept Him!" thread...

😁

51 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

My buddy who is an Iowa fan sent me this link this morning.  Now its Rivals so take it fwiw but still.  Even other programs are starting to ask the same questions.  Particularly these two quotes.  I won't post the Purdue Twitter links i saw in there.

I don’t get it. Good track record and great recruiting.

They have zero identify as a program under him. If someone can tell me what they are trying to accomplish on offense, it would be news to me. The plan seems to be set a bunch of ball screens, occasionally throw the ball to Jackson-Davis. But the pieces don't fit together and the team just plays dumb, no other way to put it.

They have zero identify as a program under him. If someone can tell me what they are trying to accomplish on offense, it would be news to me. The plan seems to be set a bunch of ball screens, occasionally throw the ball to Jackson-Davis. But the pieces don't fit together and the team just plays dumb, no other way to put it.

That Al Durham has to be lowest basketball IQ guard I ever seen in the B1G.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/how-hot-is-archie-millers-seat.345092/

The Iowa fans are very excited about the prospect of Alford being the IU coach

image.gif

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am frustrated as anybody right now. But the whole "Archie is lost" or can't cut it at IU seems a bit premature right now.

I want the full season to play out. Trends are not good, but momentum is a weird thing. Not giving up just yet. 

I still have hope. 

2091025100_giphy(8).gif.923b6c009ac95d8f7ca69366c88985a1.gif

😁

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am frustrated as anybody right now. But the whole "Archie is lost" or can't cut it at IU seems a bit premature right now.

I want the full season to play out. Trends are not good, but momentum is a weird thing. Not giving up just yet. 

I still have hope. 

I have hope because I want success sooner rather than later. Getting a new coach means a lot.of uncertainty.  What I have seen for 3.5 years does not give me confidence that year 5 , 8 or 40 will be any different.  

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have hope because I want success sooner rather than later. Getting a new coach means a lot.of uncertainty.  What I have seen for 3.5 years does not give me confidence that year 5 , 8 or 40 will be any different.  

I say I have hope. HSN quickly responds....

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Always darkest befire dawn, my friend...

🌞

Just now, IUFLA said:

Always darkest befire dawn, my friend...

🌞

I always this was a stupid saying.  It's not the darkest before dawn, its actually getting light the closer to dawn you get.  The darkest is the middle between civil twilight civil dawn, all depending on the moon phase and time of year.  You could have a full moon come up a hour or 2 before dawn and it wouldn't be nearly as dark as say 2:27am.

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I always this was a stupid saying.  It's not the darkest before dawn, its actually getting light the closer to dawn you get.  The darkest is the middle between civil twilight civil dawn, all depending on the moon phase and time of year.  You could have a full moon come up a hour or 2 before dawn and it wouldn't be nearly as dark as say 2:27am.

It's a metaphor...not to be taken literally...

"Things always seem to get worse before they get better - even in the worst of circumstances there is hope."

1 hour ago, madmax said:

That is very interesting! Let’s see how have others that left done since Knight was fired! 
Davis got fired at ALB 

Simpson left under NCAA sanctions! 
Creans not sitting Georgia on fire. 

So we haven’t picked very well! 
I believe I am right on these! 

5 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

That is very interesting! Let’s see how have others that left done since Knight was fired! 
Davis got fired at ALB 

Crean had the #1 pick in the draft and wouldn't have made the dance last season.  How often has that happened in college basketball history?

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Hey, you're the one who assigned the "dumb" label to a metaphor based on physical facts, not me...

Do you really believe "All the World's a stage" too?

First off, I said it was a stupid saying.

Secondly, i would like to introduct you the concept of sarcasm.  I thought after how you blasted IUScott for not being a True Fan, you would understand it, but i guess i was wrong.

Thirdly, of course i believe "All The World's a stage".  I haven't you seen tiktok

11 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Davis got fired at ALB 

Isn't Sampson doing pretty well with Huston or Utah, or somewhere?

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Isn't Sampson doing pretty well with Huston or Utah, or somewhere?

Here are his last three years at Houston (according to Wikipedia): 

2017–18 Houston 27–8 14–4 T–2nd NCAA Division I Round of 32
2018–19 Houston 33–4 16–2 1st NCAA Division I Sweet 16
2019–20 Houston 23–8 13–5 T-1st

NCAA Division I Canceled*

And this season they are 11-1 overall and 6-1 in the AAC and ranked 11.

Edit NOTE: he did not make the tournament his first three years at Houston... 

Archived