Things To Do On 1/21 From 9:00-11:00

5fouls

Yeah, you could watch the IU/Iowa game.  But, given our current level of frustration with the status of IU basketball, I thought it might be worthwhile to think about other things we could be doing in the time slot.

Please don't take this as 'giving up on this team'.  It's meant to be either an honest assessment of whether we have IU basketball prioritized properly in the grand scheme of things, OR it can be a tongue in cheek approach to dealing with the frustration by listing something off the wall.

To fill my two hours, I thought I might call up each of the ex-wives and talk for 15 minutes.  

5 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

How about go to bed?  I hate those 9:00 games anyway.  I never got to bed until midnight...am often too angry or too excited to go to bed right after the game.  Maybe I'll just go to bed early instead?

I actually prefer 9 o'clock games over 7 o'clock ones (though not if I'm attending).  The start of the 7 o'clock games impact my regular routine more than staying up late.  Both my wife and I work until 5 o'clock, and it's really hard to make dinner, eat, get dishes cleaned up, help kids with homework, etc. before 7:00.    

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

See, I get ganged up on any time I (God forbid) say something critical, pessimistic, or negative, BUT... I will never stop watching Hoosier bball.  I will continue to watch and cheer, but (gasp!) not be very optimistic.  Does this make me a bad fan?

No. That actually makes you a fan. I’m probably going to get a lot of hate for saying this but I question if some are even fans on here anymore. They all seem like fair weather fans to me. 

Guys, seriously.  Of course I will watch the game.  You all are missing the point.  This thread is intended to help us feel better by giving us an opportunity to remember there are other things that make us happy, or allows us to laugh if someone comes up with something off the wall.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Guys, seriously.  Of course I will watch the game.  You all are missing the point.  This thread is intended to help us feel better by giving us an opportunity to remember there are other things that make us happy, or allows us to laugh if someone comes up with something off the wall.

Jello wrestling?

Just now, 5fouls said:

I try to watch at least part of every game but for me it's not must watch. I fully support IU but I have not enjoyed this product.  During the Northwestern game I switched to something on history Channel and honestly forgot to switch back to the game. If that makes me fair weather then so be it

33 minutes ago, BDB said:

I live in Iowa and most of my friends are Hawkeyes, I will be drinking heavily.  May have to pull out some green for this one.

I am with you BDB.  I go to the Iowa/Indiana game every year they have it at Carver.  Since i have been going we have won more than lost.  Its always a fun time to go with my Hawkeye friends and wear my Crimson and Cream and root for IU in the midst of all that Black and Yellow.

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am with you BDB.  I go to the Iow/Indiana game every year they have it at Carver.  Since i have been going we have won more than lost.  Its always a fun time to go with my Hawkeye friends and wear my Crimson and Cream and root for IU in the midst of all that Black and Yellow.

I wouldn't be shocked of we pull one out.  All it takes is a cold shooting night.  Iowa doesn't have little speedsters like Purdue.  Translation, stay in front of the white boys and hope they miss a lot.  

Archived