Indiana HS Football 2021

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Their coach in 2018, was probably their best one yet, had a great disciplined team that went to State. Probably one of my favorite Central teams in recent memory 

That was a very good football team. Geeesh... they, Bosse, and Harrison can be incredibly "rough" at times. I remember watching Lyle in the regional and I was like absolutely no way do I want him at Indiana. 

Then watching Lairy's teams .... geeesh no discipline at all. We had Lairy T'ed up 6 mins into the game. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That was a very good football team. Geeesh... they, Bosse, and Harrison can be incredibly "rough" at times. I remember watching Lyle in the regional and I was like absolutely no way do I want him at Indiana. 

Then watching Lairy's teams .... geeesh no discipline at all. We had Lairy T'ed up 6 mins into the game. 

I recall that Harrison had a decent stretch from 2015-2016, Bosse needs a total rebuild

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

Guess I'll put this one in here. Can any of the coaches or people experienced in recruiting explain how a program or coach says when an offer is committable? Do they say it upfront like hey kid we really like you and we'll probably offer you,etc....but we can't have you say yes yet.

It's always been a subject that I know it exists in recruiting just not sure how it plays out. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess I'll put this one in here. Can any of the coaches or people experienced in recruiting explain how a program or coach says when an offer is committable? Do they say it upfront like hey kid we really like you and we'll probably offer you,etc....but we can't have you say yes yet.

It's always been a subject that I know it exists in recruiting just not sure how it plays out. 

I think they talk to their coach first and then they will decide if that want to extend an offer. I remember CTA came to Evansville to talk about Lindauer and Combs to Coach Hurley first about offering. But no offers were handed to them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, rico said:

check the locations of the teams and towns in sectionals 30 and 31... then tell me why 31 isn't 30 and vice versa. Makes no sense geographically. Princeton and Gibson Southern are in the same county, but aren't in the same regional. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

check the locations of the teams and towns in sectionals 30 and 31... then tell me why 31 isn't 30 and vice versa. Makes no sense geographically. Princeton and Gibson Southern are in the same county, but aren't in the same regional. 

Out of my realm but why would that be?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And we should be comfortably in 2A with a real shot to win it... but since the IHSAA can't account for thousands of kids because of Covid we stay 3A. Embarrassing. 

If you guys would have dropped, they would have needed to make room for you in either Sectional 39 or 40.  But, both of those are currently full.  Was Clarksville dropping to 1A?  Or, would they have needed to reconfigure the whole South for 2A?

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you guys would have dropped, they would have needed to make room for you in either Sectional 39 or 40.  But, both of those are currently full.  Was Clarksville dropping to 1A?  Or, would they have needed to reconfigure the whole South for 2A?

The whole thing should have just been reconfigured. I am not saying redo the whole thing for us, but jesus... the rule is every 2 years you reclassify. I see no reason to veer from that. 

But yeah.. there are other teams who needed to move up or down from enrollment, as well.