Indiana HS Football 2021

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

If I'm reading correctly they must have 10 practices before playing. Can't have those practices if everyone is quarantined....but my sentiment is the same as yours. 

Suuuuuuch a stupid rule. We have like 25 (ish) practices every summer before "official practice" even starts. It's absurd to believe that the kids need 10 practices to play a game. We literally practice all summer long. It's not like the old days. Obviously that's not Jeffs fault the IHSAA has that rule. 

There are also rules if you've missed a certain amount of time. You have to have so many practices before they can play. Dumb. 

• Like 1

@IU Scott what I mentioned in the last post PLUS.... the test gives you nothing at all. If you feel bad, stay home... the same "rule" we've had since the beginning of time. But you go and get tested... you're going to quarantine perfectly healthy individuals with next to ZERO chance they are going to have the virus, unless you live with the person that is sick. The science shows that, that's not an opinion. My wife had to quarantine kids left and right all of last year.... not ONE of those kids ended up with Covid. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Suuuuuuch a stupid rule. We have like 25 (ish) practices every summer before "official practice" even starts. It's absurd to believe that the kids need 10 practices to play a game. We literally practice all summer long. It's not like the old days. Obviously that's not Jeffs fault the IHSAA has that rule. 

There are also rules if you've missed a certain amount of time. You have to have so many practices before they can play. Dumb. 

Yep. I laughed at the 10 practices deal. High school football is year round at some positions....and definitely all summer for everyone. Not blaming Jeff one bit....IHSAA on the other hand? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I laughed at the 10 practices deal. High school football is year round at some positions....and definitely all summer for everyone. Not blaming Jeff one bit....IHSAA on the other hand? 

Literally our entire offense is installed by moratorium. 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Read the other day where a 15 month old was in critical condition with the virus

That is awful. 

My buddies newborn son got sepsis from the hospital. Should we not go there to have a kids anymore? 

Your outlier to my comment doesn't change the science. There are outliers for everything. There have been people that have survived a car accident because they DIDN'T wear a seatbelt. 

• Like 1

Toe getting vaccinated is like people wearing seat belts.  Does seat belts prevent you from getting on an accident no, but it can prevent serious injury or death.  Also there is a slim chance where having a seat belt.on can be the cause of death.  If you are trapped in your car but can't get the seatbelt unlocked it can kill you.  Do you not wear a seatbelt because of something that is probably around a 1 percent of happening.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Toe getting vaccinated is like people wearing seat belts.  Does seat belts prevent you from getting on an accident no, but it can prevent serious injury or death.  Also there is a slim chance where having a seat belt.on can be the cause of death.  If you are trapped in your car but can't get the seatbelt unlocked it can kill you.  Do you not wear a seatbelt because of something that is probably around a 1 percent of happening.

Literally we aren't talking about the vaccine. 

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That is awful. 

My buddies newborn son got sepsis from the hospital. Should we not go there to have a kids anymore? 

Your outlier to my comment doesn't change the science. There are outliers for everything. There have been people that have survived a car accident because they DIDN'T wear a seatbelt. 

Did your parents get small pox and polio vaccines?

And the reason I am living is because I didn't wear a seatbelt during an accident.

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

because it's scientifically proven the virus has little to no bearing on moderately young, healthy individuals. 

I think the Delta variant has caused concerns regarding younger folks.  Until a larger number of people are vaccinated, I think we're going to see people in decision-making positions being cautious.  JMHO.    😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

I think the Delta variant has caused concerns regarding younger folks.  Until a larger number of people are vaccinated, I think we're going to see people in decision-making positions being cautious.  JMHO.    😊

I think the decision making positions believe they have wayyy more power than they actually do and we've allowed it. 

Just now, jv1972iu said:

This no longer a pandemic as @mrflynn03pointed out in the proper thread devoted to the virus.  It is an endemic.  There is a big difference.

• Like 1

I have no clue how this turned into a discussion about the vaccine. I never once mentioned it. I said I have no clue why someone who is perfectly healthy would go get tested. We don't need contact tracing either. Absolutely ridiculous we allowed that to take place at all. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Well... neither has had small pox or polio. So they were either really lucky.... or yeah, they got the vaccine. 

They had to get the vaccine...and it worked.  You have a choice...whether you get it or not doesn't affect me one iota.  

Just now, rico said:

They had to get the vaccine...and it worked.  You have a choice...whether you get it or not doesn't affect me one iota.  

Yes, I agree. I don't understand what this has to do with contact tracing not working and going to get perfectly healthy 16 year olds tested for Covid is silly. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Yes, I agree. I don't understand what this has to do with contact tracing not working and going to get perfectly healthy 16 year olds tested for Covid is silly. 

I am in no position to decide that.  And it doesn't really matter, the point is you are persistent in your negativity towards "covid protocols" and how they affect sports.