Indiana HS Football 2021

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Follow-Up on the Jeffersonville piece of the story.  Greater Clark Schools, which Jeffersonville is part of, has over 1,100 kids on quarantine.  Story was on the local news tonight. Not sure what Greater Clark's enrollment is, but I have to think that is around, or even north of 10%.  

Shew 

Follow up- Castle lost their starting Right Guard, who was supposed to be a big part of their line and was a First Team all-SIAC . Their O-line only returns 1 starter, in 6’5 300 Richard Meyers. Some big SIAC news, as they pretty much needs to redo their line completely 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yes, I agree. I don't understand what this has to do with contact tracing not working and going to get perfectly healthy 16 year olds tested for Covid is silly. 

Why I brought up the vaccine is that if people got vaccinated like they should we wouldn't be in this situation.  We wouldn't be having all of these new outbreaks and wouldn't have to worry about wearing mask

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why I brought up the vaccine is that if people got vaccinated like they should we wouldn't be in this situation.  We wouldn't be having all of these new outbreaks and wouldn't have to worry about wearing mask

You realize the death rates haven't gone up at all in Indiana... my county has averaged (as have nearly all counties averaged)... one Covid death per week. There's only one numeric value less than 1. 

So we are literally willing to turn our lives upside down, again, for 1 death a week? 

The entire states weekly average is 7. Which will account for quite a few less deaths than the flu... based on yearly average.  

Shocking we're having these talks again as the schools open. 🙄

Bartholomew County School Corp came out last night and reinstated their mask mandate.  

....they used current Covid cases from their students as reasons to enforce this ridiculous rule. They've been in school for two days lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On their FB page they allowed a comment section on EVERY post, but their school boards decision post on n the mask mandate. Absolutely unbelievable. 

Edited by btownqb

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Bartholomew County School Corp came out last night and reinstated their mask mandate.  

....they used current Covid cases from their students as reasons to enforce this ridiculous rule. They've been in school for two days lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On their FB page they allowed a comment section on EVERY post, but their school boards decision post on n the mask mandate. Absolutely unbelievable. 

FWCS(Fort Wayne Community Schools) has a mask mandate.

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/fwcs-to-require-masks-for-all-staff-student-and-visitors-beginning-wednesday/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Right. I'm just confused why we need it right NOW.... they've been in school for 2 days and already the mandate? Shew. The school corps are really gambling here. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right. I'm just confused why we need it right NOW.... they've been in school for 2 days and already the mandate? Shew. The school corps are really gambling here. 

Like it or not, Covid is a "political football."  I haven't asked my cousin about Whitko as of yet.  He is an elected school board member of the district.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Lol.  Looks like they are going to reinstitute all the measures that didnt work the first time. Its all cya anyway. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

All students under 12 are still unvaccinated.  Hopefully my school system gets smart and brings back the mask mandate.   Better than going virtual after they get everyone quarantined with covid.

Probably a good idea not to allow comments on the mask mandate post.  People get so irate over a simple mask.

Edited by iuswingman

4 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

All students under 12 are still unvaccinated.  Hopefully my school system gets smart and brings back the mask mandate.   Better than going virtual after they get everyone quarantined with covid.

Probably a good idea not to allow comments on the mask mandate post.  People get so irate over a simple mask.

wait what? you want to go back to doing the things that don't work? quarantining perfectly healthy individuals. Eeeesh. And no... it's never a good idea to censor someone just because you don't like what they have to say. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

wait what? you want to go back to doing the things that don't work? quarantining perfectly healthy individuals. Eeeesh. And no... it's never a good idea to censor someone just because you don't like what they have to say. 

Also, vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. The CDC said so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I want to go back to things that DO work.  

If I am wrong and people wear masks for no reason then what is lost? A little discomfort for no reason.

If you are wrong and people don't wear masks, then you just helped a pandemic spread.

Schools are quarantining those that come into contact with someone with covid.   That puts a major burden on families with 2 working parents.  So yes, do whatever it takes to slow the spread of covid and masks have shown to slow the spread.

No one is being censored.  Those people are still capable of spewing their opinions elsewhere or contacting the school board directly.  Nothing is served by having people fight back and forth on their decision to mandate masks.

18 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Also, vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. The CDC said so.

But vaccinated people are 4 times more protected from being infected in the first place.

However, since kids under 12 are unable to get vaccinated, it's very important to take whatever precautions are available.

Just now, iuswingman said:

I want to go back to things that DO work.  

If I am wrong and people wear masks for no reason then what is lost? A little discomfort for no reason.

If you are wrong and people don't wear masks, then you just helped a pandemic spread.

Schools are quarantining those that come into contact with someone with covid.   That puts a major burden on families with 2 working parents.  So yes, do whatever it takes to slow the spread of covid and masks have shown to slow the spread.

No one is being censored.  Those people are still capable of spewing their opinions elsewhere or contacting the school board directly.  Nothing is served by having people fight back and forth on their decision to mandate masks.

The quarantining perfectly healthy individuals is wrong. "contact with someone with covid"... ridiculous. It didn't work the first time around.  The masks are stupid.. but if they honestly think it helps, I'll wear them. Using two days worth of incomplete data as your reasoning for a mask mandate is.... confusing to say the least. I hope those of you with kids fight like hell if your kid gets quarantined when they aren't sick. Don't let their education suffer anymore. 

The Facebook stuff is an awful PR move. Either make every post with comments or don't. Don't pick and choose. 

6 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

But vaccinated people are 4 times more protected from being infected in the first place.

However, since kids under 12 are unable to get vaccinated, it's very important to take whatever precautions are available.

I promise there are other things for MANY of our students to worry about more than Covid. I wish everyone would have been so worried about our children's health before Covid. We would be in a lot better spot. This is a parents decision, not a school boards. 

Edited by btownqb

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The quarantining perfectly healthy individuals is wrong. "contact with someone with covid"... ridiculous. It didn't work the first time around.  The masks are stupid.. but if they honestly think it helps, I'll wear them. Using two days worth of incomplete data as your reasoning for a mask mandate is.... confusing to say the least. I hope those of you with kids fight like hell if your kid gets quarantined when they aren't sick. Don't let their education suffer anymore. 

The Facebook stuff is an awful PR move. Either make every post with comments or don't. Don't pick and choose. 

The facebook post was meant to inform people, not to hear the bickering it would have caused had comments had been enabled.

Anderson, IN had an outbreak of covid in their school system after being back for 3 days.  Guess what, they moved to a mask mandate.   The whole free for all didn't protect anyone.

Education will suffer if they have to go back to being virtual.   I would think all parents would be willing to do anything to keep that from happening and mandating masks is step 1.