Indiana HS Football 2021

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

A bunch of dogs on that Luers team

Last time I checked they were full of Knights.  Doesn't matter.  Eastside and Fairfield are in the sectional as well.  My 'Cats might get a favorable draw but they will not win the sectional title.

55 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Hey, it’s home to us  (Even though we can definitely build a football stadium, but the administration doesn’t want too), but Enlow Field is a classic one. Hope we have another rematch at some point 👀

It's an excellent place. Impressive home field for Memorial. I enjoyed it. Take out Lindeur that would have been an excellent game 3 years ago. He's the best player we've ever played against. 

They could have featured him even more like Mater Dei did for Schiff. Zero chance there is many better from Evansville. 

Patrick Mallory was a boss too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's an excellent place. Impressive home field for Memorial. I enjoyed it. Take out Lindeur that would have been an excellent game 3 years ago. He's the best player we've ever played against. 

They could have featured him even more like Mater Dei did for Schiff. Zero chance there is many better from Evansville. 

Patrick Mallory was a boss too. 

I thought Brownstown’s field was a harsh place to play at that Friday night, probably because it was cold and ate too much at the tailgate. And that drive wasn’t fun the way back, but at least 2018 was a different story. Hope you guys have a great season and make it far!

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I thought Brownstown’s field was a harsh place to play at that Friday night, probably because it was cold and ate too much at the tailgate. And that drive wasn’t fun the way back, but at least 2018 was a different story. Hope you guys have a great season and make it far!

It's immensely better. 8 lane track, turf field, new home bleachers, new press box. Removal of eye sores.

New business manager is great. 

Our grass was awful before that. Horrible. 

BUT... Elm St is a treat ;)

10 hours ago, iuswingman said:

But vaccinated people are 4 times more protected from being infected in the first place.

However, since kids under 12 are unable to get vaccinated, it's very important to take whatever precautions are available.

Saw a quote tonight that said the majority of people that are getting the virus are the unvaccinated.  Also a lot of them are under the age that can actually get the vaccine.  So that means a lot of kids under 12 is getting the virus

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

I promise there are other things for MANY of our students to worry about more than Covid. I wish everyone would have been so worried about our children's health before Covid. We would be in a lot better spot. This is a parents decision, not a school boards. 

You mean like all of the vaccine shots kids  have to get before entering school.  To me that shows people care about kids health.  Why don't we just go back to the 1800's where life expectancy was like 45 years old .  Why have any vaccinations that help people and just let everyone just take care of themselves.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

They are given a mask. lol Literally... I handed 300 of them out this week. The problem is they shouldn't be forced to wear it. 

Contact tracing is more of the problem for me. My wife quarantined idk how many kids last year and none of them got Covid. It's stupid. It doesn't work and it costs kids memories. But hey... someone said memories aren't important? Idk what in the actual f*** that even means. That's literally all we're going to have at the end of our life... memories. 

Well of people that think like you did what we were supposed to do the first time then we wouldn't still be worried about all of this.  If everyone got vaccinated and obeyed rules the last year then the virus wouldn't still be so prevelent

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's immensely better. 8 lane track, turf field, new home bleachers, new press box. Removal of eye sores.

New business manager is great. 

Our grass was awful before that. Horrible. 

BUT... Elm St is a treat ;)

I did see pictures of the new turf, and it looks very good. A lot better from 2016, with all that chunks of grass that sucked. And the black uniforms making it worse, since we never knew who had the ball.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well of people that think like you did what we were supposed to do the first time then we wouldn't still be worried about all of this.  If everyone got vaccinated and obeyed rules the last year then the virus wouldn't still be so prevelent

I did exactly what I was forced to do. Every single time. 

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You mean like all of the vaccine shots kids  have to get before entering school.  To me that shows people care about kids health.  Why don't we just go back to the 1800's where life expectancy was like 45 years old .  Why have any vaccinations that help people and just let everyone just take care of themselves.

But... the virus isn't bad for the students.... at all. We've seen that. It's scientifically proven. 350 deaths from school aged kids since Covid started.... there were 2700 deaths from teenage drivers in 2019 alone. Isn't 99.8% survival rate pretty good? 

And that's of the cases we know. 

We haven't seen that it's an absolute must for them to get vaccinated. 🤷‍♂️

"Vaccinated"

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I did see pictures of the new turf, and it looks very good. A lot better from 2016, with all that chunks of grass that sucked. And the black uniforms making it worse, since we never knew who had the ball.

I think we wore our red tops that night didn't we? Pretty sure haha... red spat as well. Those kids loved it. 

Should have beaten Bosse in the regional that year in basketball, as well. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think we wore our red tops that night didn't we? Pretty sure haha... red spat as well. Those kids loved it. 

Should have beaten Bosse in the regional that year in basketball, as well. 

Actually, I think your right, the mud/dirt stains made it a lot of worse. God we should have played that game on a Saturday, that’s what we get for overlooking and thinking we were the big dog.

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Actually, I think your right, the mud/dirt stains made it a lot of worse. God we should have played that game on a Saturday, that’s what we get for overlooking and thinking we were the big dog.

We always play on Fri lol

When we are visitors

Edited by btownqb