Indiana HS Football 2021

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I somewhat understand Bosse, but Harrison is somewhat surprising, since they did have some success a couple of years ago. It could be coaching or just players uninvolved or just doesn’t care. Harrison’s enrollment numbers have been pretty steady over the years.

Bosse’s numbers are slowly dropping, which is one of the reasons. Another reason is people transferring from the program. And possibly some controversies from the recent coaches. They did have a sectional championship appearance in 2017 too 

Don't live around there but could people be moving to smaller towns near Evansville.  I know places like Anderson band Muncie had lost players to smaller schools in the country.  Even my school Knightstown had gotten players who use to go to New Castle.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Been a long time since I’ve lived there. Sorry to hear that.

It’s pretty unfortunate, both schools do have athletes, I’m guessing the administrations don’t care enough maybe. Hell, Harrison was a Top team in the SIAC back in 2015. I think the coach changes in those schools have affected the low turnout 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Looks like some of the PAC games down here just got canceled 

Heard that Schenadoah up here in Henry county had closed the school for two weeks.  All sports activities had been cancelled for those two weeks as well.  

Again if people had done what they should have done we probably wouldn't be having these discussions

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard that Schenadoah up here in Henry county had closed the school for two weeks.  All sports activities had been cancelled for those two weeks as well.  

Again if people had done what they should have done we probably wouldn't be having these discussions

Actually... again... if they would just dump the ridiculous close contact requirements, there would be ZERO schools shut down. ZERO. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Washington is having a Covid Outbreak apparently. Didn’t have enough players for the West Vigo Game. Pike Central is worse right now, with only having 15 eligible players for tomorrow against Tecumseh

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Actually... again... if they would just dump the ridiculous close contact requirements, there would be ZERO schools shut down. ZERO. 

Has nothing to do with close contact but actual kids getting the virus.  There has been a huge uptick in cases that involved kids in the US.  Also most of the new cases involve the unvaccinated.

@IU Scott my wife quarantined probably 300 kids last year. 2 of them actually ended up getting Covid. They were cases where a sibling or family member got it, and they lived in the same household. I already said those individuals should be quarantined. Sitting in class for a bit with a positive case? No, those individuals should never be forced to go home/miss out on their education. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Has nothing to do with close contact but actual kids getting the virus.  There has been a huge uptick in cases that involved kids in the US.  Also most of the new cases involve the unvaccinated.

No, Scott.. its not. It's from close contacts. Literally. 

There isn't that many cases of our youth having the virus to shut down entire schools. Again, it's the close contacts... whatever in the hell that actually means. 

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Whatever anyone's opinions on everything Covid, it appears that High School sports are facing another year of significant disruption.  And, I think we all can agree that sucks.

Correct.

And just coming onto this thread to tell people they didn't handle Covid "right" (whatever that means), while not having any sort of skin in the game, does absolutely zero good. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Correct.

And just coming onto this thread to tell people they didn't handle Covid "right" (whatever that means), while not having any sort of skin in the game, does absolutely zero good. 

I am a huge sports fan so yes I have a skin in the game.  I just want things to get back to normal and the best way of that to happen is if everyone would have gotten vaccinated.  I see your same complaints over and over again but no matter how loud you complain it is not going to change anything.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am a huge sports fan so yes I have a skin in the game.  I just want things to get back to normal and the best way of that to happen is if everyone would have gotten vaccinated.  I see your same complaints over and over again but no matter how loud you complain it is not going to change anything.

I apologize for wanting things done the right way and wanting to protect the right of my students and players. My apologies. You are right. You are as entrenched as this as I am. 

Just go get the vaccine and then you can't get or pass on the virus!! Oh wait.. 

It really is close contacts as the problem though. Things actually have changed Scott... quite a bit, really. 

If I put myself in these kids shoes…I couldn’t even imagine missing out on much of the two funnest years of my life as a junior and senior in high school. Saying nothing about college kids. Missing out on the class pranks, the ball games, the sleep overs, the meeting up after games and sitting around a bon fire (maybe sneaking a cold one or just joking around)….I really feel sorry they are missing out on much of their youth. You have to grow up too fast as it is and get a job and have responsibilities…sadly there is no solution. The vaccine isn’t full proof, masks aren’t, and even if you eradicate it here for a year it will just travel back in a new varient from another country (like this delta varient from India and the Uk varient before it) and it starts all over. Hopefully we can just learn to live with it and get back to some normalcy….especially for the kids sake.

• Like 2