Indiana HS Football 2021

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

My wife has over a 2.5hr drive, one way, to Gibson Southern tomorrow night. She will get back late our time. 

Does she work at GS? I was down for a practice/fundraiser a couple weeks back and they looked really good. The soph rb is going to be a stallion.

Edited by B_A

5 minutes ago, B_A said:

Nice! How will their team be this year?

I think they will be solid. They have a good program, they just unfortunately play in Center Grove's sectional. One of Columbus Easts championships.. Columbus North handled them in the regular season, but they have a couple hundred more kids than East. 

Anyways tonight... Columbus North is going to hammer the B gaps. Can Gibson stop it? Last year it wasn't even a game. We'll see. 

Gibson has an excellent game day atmosphere! 

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

If I put myself in these kids shoes…I couldn’t even imagine missing out on much of the two funnest years of my life as a junior and senior in high school. Saying nothing about college kids. Missing out on the class pranks, the ball games, the sleep overs, the meeting up after games and sitting around a bon fire (maybe sneaking a cold one or just joking around)….I really feel sorry they are missing out on much of their youth. You have to grow up too fast as it is and get a job and have responsibilities…sadly there is no solution. The vaccine isn’t full proof, masks aren’t, and even if you eradicate it here for a year it will just travel back in a new varient from another country (like this delta varient from India and the Uk varient before it) and it starts all over. Hopefully we can just learn to live with it and get back to some normalcy….especially for the kids sake.

My kids are both in high school and right in the middle of it.  Rips my heart out because you are absolutely right.  Junior an Senior years are the best of your life.  Old enough for some independence, but not normally old enough for a lot of serious responsibility.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My kids are both in high school and right in the middle of it.  Rips my heart out because you are absolutely right.  Junior an Senior years are the best of your life.  Old enough for some independence, but not normally old enough for a lot of serious responsibility.  

Agree. The comment that all the kids lose is "memories" really struck me as complete nonsense. Those memories are things you will cherish forever. 

Back to football...

86 degrees at kick off in Brownstown. We don't any OL/DL both ways. For a school of 500 that is a big deal. We should be in 2A, but they didn't reclassify this year. 

Those hog mollies can't go both ways this early in the season, especially. Difficult enough for the backs. We don't have the depth we should because we had some kids bail.. but still in a decent spot depth wise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think they will be solid. They have a good program, they just unfortunately play in Center Grove's sectional. One of Columbus Easts championships.. Columbus North handled them in the regular season, but they have a couple hundred more kids than East. 

Anyways tonight... Columbus North is going to hammer the B gaps. Can Gibson stop it? Last year it wasn't even a game. We'll see. 

Gibson has an excellent game day atmosphere! 

I’m assuming Brady will put up solid numbers but their defense won’t be able to stop CN?

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m assuming Brady will put up solid numbers but their defense won’t be able to stop CN?

He was not good against them last year. Now... there are some things that going into this game that puts CN at a disadvantage, but we will see. 

And yes, they couldn't stop CN a lick last year. 

GS is very well coached though. CN the same. 

Going to be 87 degrees at kickoff tonight for the Memorial vs Jasper, two southern Indiana powerhouses trying to make a statement in week 1. 

Preview

Jasper: 

-Loses their entire O-line to graduation, adds a completely different line. Does lose their 2 most important players in QB Blake Mann and RB Lance Dawkins. However, they do return TE/WR Connor Foley, who is getting D1 looks 

-They should have a pretty solid, they lose 3/4 of their lineman to graduation. Coach Lewis has decided to switch from the 4-2-5 to 3-3 stack because they are smaller/quicker.

Memorial: 

-Returns 20 starters from the last year 8-4 team. However, they lose QB Colton Pence and DT De’marko Vaughn. They do return all their WR/RBs from last season for new starter QB Caleb Ellspermann. Who will behind a massive 6’4 265/270 O-line. 

-Memorial has always had a tough noice defense under Coach Johnson. And good news for him, 10 starters from that defense are back, with some new faces. They will be lead by the Farmer Brothers, and a solid LB core and corners. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

He was not good against them last year. Now... there are some things that going into this game that puts CN at a disadvantage, but we will see. 

And yes, they couldn't stop CN a lick last year. 

GS is very well coached though. CN the same. 

Do you know much about the rest of their team? I’m guessing they don’t pump out a lot of D1 guys. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Here’s to hoping kids, coaches, trainers and all associated with high school football have a safe and healthy year.

Up here in the NE corner of the state it’s 82 degrees with about 70% humidity. I can only imagine how steamy it is down south. Hopefully there are no incidents from the conditions 

Lots of cramps from what I hear. Sullivan vs N Knox and Linton vs Southridge.

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Here’s what I see so far-

Both Columbus teams are getting smoked 

Surprisingly, FW Northside is beating Snider

Sorry @ricobut your Wildcats are not keeping up with Prairie Heights?

Whiteland is loaded and East is finally a tick down. 

North has at least 4 defensive starters including 3 of their 4 starting DBs. And they had two turnovers in the first quarter.