Indiana HS Football 2021

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

He was not good against them last year. Now... there are some things that going into this game that puts CN at a disadvantage, but we will see. 

And yes, they couldn't stop CN a lick last year. 

GS is very well coached though. CN the same. 

Def didn’t expect them to win by 3 TD’s lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Any idea how long they’ve been playing a national schedule like that? Def wasn’t the case when I was there. 

It changes year to year.....or every 3 years. Shoot the Carmel/Cathedral game was on ESPN in 08/09?? Somewhere around that time. I have my opinions on both sides of the equation. Just glad Carmel came back. I also don't think they should play teams from 3 states. 

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Carmel down 17-0 early vs Trinity...wins 49-38. Next up another out of state team. Detroit King. Hope everyone is enjoying return of high school football!

I kinda am but was looking forward to my hatchets vs west vigo. 

Yeah our program sucks historically but have been looking forward to what our new coach and alumnus brings. 

He spent alot of time with big time programs in Indy as DC and last year had a really good start schematically, albeit against inferior opponents, but you have to start somewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Jasper really surprised me tonight, did way better than what we were expecting tonight.

I spent 4 years playing against Jasper. I played for WHS. Yeah we sucked. But at least it was fun. I played against Brian Lewis, who is their AD and Head Coach now?  I was in the old Hoosier Dome when Brian broke free to win the state championship game for the only touchdown IIRC.

I thought when Jasper football joined SIAC, they would be put in their place. NOPE. 

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I spent 4 years playing against Jasper. I played for WHS. Yeah we sucked. But at least it was fun. I played against Brian Lewis, who is their AD and Head Coach now?  I was in the old Hoosier Dome when Brian broke free to win the state championship game for the only touchdown IIRC.

I thought when Jasper football joined SIAC, they would be put in their place. NOPE. 

A lot of people were split with Jasper when they join, seems like they will be SIAC Contenders for the foreseeable future. Coach Tony Lewis is building a Monster.

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

4A is going to be Interesting this year. 

Chatard loses to Brebeuf, 24-19

Memorial loses to Jasper 27-19 (should be a potential rematch in the sectional) 

Roncalli annihilates Southport 55-7 

Mooresville beats Lebanon, 35-7 

East Central gets a great win over a tough L’burg team, 34-7 

Mount Vernon loses in a shootout against Noblesville, 57-36

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Anyone see an IU recruit or commit?

I don’t follow much high school much anymore, but it was nice to see Carmel beat Trinity. 
Indiana>Kentucky

I must be looking in all the wrong spots. Couldn't find anything for Omar Cooper or Gi'bran Payne. Both teams won and I know Payne had an easy walk in TD....but can't find stats.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I must be looking in all the wrong spots. Couldn't find anything for Omar Cooper or Gi'bran Payne. Both teams won and I know Payne had an easy walk in TD....but can't find stats.

I've seen that Payne had 2 short touchdown runs. One was 1 yard and one was 3 yards. Haven't found anything else about him. I also saw that his team's schedule is ranked as the 7th hardest in the country by Maxpreps. Love that he's playing tough competition. From this ranking, they play the #2, 3, 6, 13, and 25 ranked teams in the entire Midwest, and they also play IMG Academy.

I couldn't find anything on Cooper. The only mention of his name I could find was in an Indy Star article that was blocked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I've seen that Payne had 2 short touchdown runs. One was 1 yard and one was 3 yards. Haven't found anything else about him. I also saw that his team's schedule is ranked as the 7th hardest in the country by Maxpreps. Love that he's playing tough competition. From this ranking, they play the #2, 3, 6, 13, and 25 ranked teams in the entire Midwest, and they also play IMG Academy.

I couldn't find anything on Cooper. The only mention of his name I could find was in an Indy Star article that was blocked.

Saw the runs and he certainly looks the part.....wow on schedule. Great information! I gave up on Star years ago mostly because of Doyel.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw the box score for LN.  Cooper isn’t in it though LN beat Avon.  He must not have played.  I’m hearing lots of starters across the Indy area didn’t play due to Covid…either are sick or due to contact tracing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I saw the box score for LN.  Cooper isn’t in it though LN beat Avon.  He must not have played.  I’m hearing lots of starters across the Indy area didn’t play due to Covid…either are sick or due to contact tracing.

Now that's funny. Totally spaced that part of the equation. For one glorious night it was beautiful to see the stands packed, people cheering,etc....and I just forgot that Covid is still holding players out. Haha.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Some kid from Noblesville (Shoffner) had 347 yards on the ground last night on 17 carries....and they weren't playing a weak team in Mt Vernon. 

He is a sophomore.  I think he had two TDs longer than 70 yards.  Noblesville runs a system where they will only throw the ball about 4 times a game.  He should have another big game v TH South next week and then comes the gauntlet of HCC teams.

• Like 1