Indiana HS Football 2021

43 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

The HCC had a good night last night.  Nobody played Carmel or Center Grove but the conference went 4-1 v the MIC.

Sorry. Good night for them for sure... but the two they didn't play are a different animal. 

Warren will be back to being q power VERY soon. 

I mean heck Carmel beat Trinity last night. 

A couple funny moments from a 1A game that wasn't close...

Late in the game, the winning team put its reserves in (the few they had, anyway). Kid who's listed at 5'4", 115 makes an open-field, solo tackle and the crowd goes nuts.

Winning team is kicking off after scoring to go up by like 50, they only have 10 players on the field, a kid on the far side of the field is shouting "Coach, we need one more! We need one more!" An official waves him off and yells "No you don't, no you don't" then motions for the play clock to start. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Sorry. Good night for them for sure... but the two they didn't play are a different animal. 

Warren will be back to being q power VERY soon. 

I mean heck Carmel beat Trinity last night. 

Nothing to be sorry about.  I already acknowledged no HCC team played the two beasts of the MIC.  Definitely a great win for Carmel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Ok but those are the best two teams lol 

LN/LC/NC have never been powers. 

No but Ben Davis is traditionally a power.

In no way am I saying the HCC is the equivalent to the MIC.  I just said it was a good night.  I do think the gap has narrowed some.  But I think that gap is still pretty significant.  6A title game last year was proof of that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

No but Ben Davis is traditionally a power.

In no way am I saying the HCC is the equivalent to the MIC.  I just said it was a good night.  I do think the gap has narrowed some.  But I think that gap is still pretty significant.  6A title game last year was proof of that.

You're correct on all accounts. And it's a good thing for Indiana that Avon, Brownsburg, Westfield are starting to come on big time. 

Don't forget.. the reason Hunter Johnson went to Brownsburg was because Peters was a grade ahead of him at Avon. 

Lots of talent on the west end right now. 

• Like 1

Funny story last night... 

I coach the JV team. We were up big to start the 4th q... started subbing our JV in. 

We are going to be very young this season in JV.. so we trotted out 7 FR in the offensive lineup. So these kids first time ever being in a game on a Friday..... 

We get ready to run the first play and my RG (FR) comes running off the field... and says there is no where for me to lineup... I'm thinking what the h*** do you mean there's no where for you to lineup? 

So I call a TO... come to find out my LT (FR) had lined up as the RG lol... I said is that where you line up in practice? He says no. I said well why in the heck would you now? 

He says... I dont even know coach lolololol. Kid has played LT alllllll year long.  🤣🤣

These are the reasons you just don't know what 14-18 year old kids will show up each Friday. I will cherish that story the rest of my life. Good times. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@btownqb

Ever had a kid forget his helmet?  I think my freshman or sophomore year we went to GS for a scrimmage. I open my travel bag and no helmet in it.

The look on my coaches face when I told him, I thought he was slap me upside the head.  He had me share a helmet with the biggest head on the team. Luckily I always kept a spare mouth guard. 

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

@btownqb

Ever had a kid forget his helmet?  I think my freshman or sophomore year we went to GS for a scrimmage. I open my travel bag and no helmet in it.

The look on my coaches face when I told him, I thought he was slap me upside the head.  He had me share a helmet with the biggest head on the team. Luckily I always kept a spare mouth guard. 

Oh yes. Lots of occasions. 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:39 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Sorry @ricobut your Wildcats are not keeping up with Prairie Heights?

I got a cousin who happened to be on that '86 Whitko state championship team and is still very close to the program now.  He says the program is in shambles from a talent and numbers end.  Evidently kids don't like playing football for the 'Cats anymore.

2 hours ago, rico said:

I got a cousin who happened to be on that '86 Whitko state championship team and is still very close to the program now.  He says the program is in shambles from a talent and numbers end.  Evidently kids don't like playing football for the 'Cats anymore.

Football kind of had a resurgence not too long ago but it feels like with the exception of a few well run programs that it’s starting to fade again. Is it just Covid the last couple years or is there something more going on? Haven’t heard much about CTE lately so hard to think that.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Football kind of had a resurgence not too long ago but it feels like with the exception of a few well run programs that it’s starting to fade again. Is it just Covid the last couple years or is there something more going on? Haven’t heard much about CTE lately so hard to think that.

Personally, I would like to think Covid has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1