Indiana HS Football 2021

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Sad news from my part of the state:

Per InkFree News

BOURBON — A Triton High School football player has passed away following a traffic accident.

According to a post on the Triton School Corporation Facebook page, Cameron Fairchild was involved in a vehicle accident Saturday afternoon, Aug. 28, and passed away from injuries sustained in that accident.

The Triton Facebook post said school personnel, counselors and clergy would be at the school for those who may need a safe space to speak with someone or grieve.

The post also asks for prayers for Cameron’s family.

No other details about the accident were immediately available.

I think the number was 2700 school aged students were killed in 2019 from car accidents. 

Teen driving is incredibly dangerous for young adults. Obviously I have no idea of the details of this accident. 

Incredible amount of prayers go out to his family, teammates, and friends. A regular Saturday afternoon turned into a living hell. So very sorry for their loss. 

While I was in HS we lost a teammate to a car accident in the offseason. Not something I would wish on anyone. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I think the number was 2700 school aged students were killed in 2019 from car accidents. 

Teen driving is incredibly dangerous for young adults. Obviously I have no idea of the details of this accident. 

Incredible amount of prayers go out to his family, teammates, and friends. A regular Saturday afternoon turned into a living hell. So very sorry for their loss. 

While I was in HS we lost a teammate to a car accident in the offseason. Not something I would wish on anyone. 

That is one of the most terrifying aspect of being a parent is the day they get their drivers license.

• Like 2

Whitko won state in 1986...but not without tragedy.  

Ryan Huff was a junior and the starting punter and back up fullback for the 1986 state champion football team.  Ryan was killed in a multiple car traffic accident the weekend before the sectional championship game against Tippy Valley.  Also involved in the accident, in a seperate vehicle, was another Whitko football player and one of the starting defensive backs for the team.  That player suffered injuries that sidelined him for the remainder of the season.  The coaches and team pulled together in a family bond that still exists to this day.  There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that 2 weeks later, Ryan played an integral part of Whitko’s regional championship game where they overcame a 4th quarter 20 point deficet to defeat Shenandoah 21-20.  Ryan’s picture adorns the state championship trophy to this day….a team decision.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol can't even make this stuff.. 

One kid tests positive on my JV team and now because on Friday some kids dressed in the same locker room as him... our games for the next 2 weeks are canceled. But hey.. they're just memories right? 

Absolute JOKE. 

Why can't they get tested in a few days and cleared? I don't understand any of this. I went in for a test this weekend and had results today. I'm really sorry for all of them!!

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

One kid tests positive on my JV team and now because on Friday some kids dressed in the same locker room as him... our games for the next 2 weeks are canceled. But hey.. they're just memories right? 

Absolute JOKE. 

That absolutely sucks for the kids, especially the seniors

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Unrelated to Indiana HSFB, what is everyone opinions about the Fake Bishop Sycamore team that played IMG yesterday 

I honestly don't know what to make of it! Craziest thing I've ever seen.....and of course ESPN is involved so take that for what it's worth. So many failures by the organizers and IMG to confirm who was playing.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I honestly don't know what to make of it! Craziest thing I've ever seen.....and of course ESPN is involved so take that for what it's worth. So many failures by the organizers and IMG to confirm who was playing.

It’s insanely suspicious too, I saw one player’s address was listed to an abandoned warehouse. Hell, even their roster looked like it was made in 5 minutes 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It’s insanely suspicious too, I saw one player’s address was listed to an abandoned warehouse. Hell, even their roster looked like it was made in 5 minutes 

From what I can tell it's a charter school (online studies) and it was a publicity stunt to garner more clicks attention and get more students (which bring $$ in with them). Just insane!

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

From what I can tell it's a charter school (online studies) and it was a publicity stunt to garner more clicks attention and get more students (which bring $$ in with them). Just insane!

It blows my mind that ESPN looked over the background of this “school”. Supposedly some of the athletes have been faking offers and other stuff too. Hell, some of these players could be over 20 since there is no information 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It blows my mind that ESPN looked over the background of this “school”. Supposedly some of the athletes have been faking offers and other stuff too. Hell, some of these players could be over 20 since there is no information 

I'd be worried about THEIR kids. They obviously were way way way outmatched....kids playing both ways....couldn't even bring down IMG. They also played TWO games in THREE days!!

• Like 1

There were 6,100 new cases of covid reported last week in Indiana schools. Over 5,500 were students, the rest faculty and staff.

Can you imagine how many people these 6,100 come in contact with? Parents, grandparents, and on and on.

You guys continue the narrative of how ridiculous it is to be overly cautious. Until it hits home personally, it’s just a narrative that too many want to ignore.

Yep, I’m the “memories” guy that continues to get disparaged. A few months of football, or a lifetime of knowing that you made decisions that might have saved lives. Hmmm.. man, that’s a tough one 😷🙄

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Absolute JOKE. 

Only the JV games are cancelled of both varsity and JV?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There were 6,100 new cases of covid reported last week in Indiana schools. Over 5,500 were students, the rest faculty and staff.

Can you imagine how many people these 6,100 come in contact with? Parents, grandparents, and on and on.

You guys continue the narrative of how ridiculous it is to be overly cautious. Until it hits home personally, it’s just a narrative that too many want to ignore.

Yep, I’m the “memories” guy that continues to get disparaged. A few months of football, or a lifetime of knowing that you made decisions that might have saved lives. Hmmm.. man, that’s a tough one 😷🙄

Amen

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You don't get to decide what's important to who. If kids decide to not take the risk, more power to them. Quarantining perfectly healthy 16 year olds from a virus that has little to no effect on them.. absurd and should be deemed unconstitutional. 

The over caution is absolutely absurd, and unneeded, and incredibly misplaced. 

If you're sick or positive you stay home. Nothing more, nothing less. The masks are stupid, but meh.. I've complied with it before and I am now. 

You don't really have the right to tell someone what should and shouldn't be important to them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1