Indiana HS Football 2021

High of 79 on Friday. Maybe like 74 at kick off. Love it. 

We shouldn't struggle this week. Offense hummed to a tune of 495 yards and 49pts last week.  Averaging 46p and 460 yards of offense through 2 games.  

We have created some depth the first two weeks by playing a lot of guys on both sides of the ball. 

I love seeing kids we didn't think we'd ever get contributions from, come through as SRs. Love it. 

• Like 1

For reference... when we actually do get to play a JV game. We will be rotating 19 guys in on the two sides of the ball combined. The others will play on SPT. The varsity is currently rotating in 19, as well. The three guys that play both sides of the ball, 2 of them will play full time on offense and half the time on defense and one the opposite of that. 

• Like 1

98 kids have been sent home from our county for contact tracing (I assume this data is a week old)... not one has came back with Covid. My wife quarantined well over 200 students last year... not one came back with Covid. 

Again.. your fears/worries are either misinformed/misplaced or you aren't paying attention. I could even have understood 1 or 2 kids being quarantined.. but to just board stroke and say 17 kids need to quarantine. Insane. This has to change. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

98 kids have been sent home from our county for contact tracing (I assume this data is a week old)... not one has came back with Covid. My wife quarantined well over 200 students last year... not one came back with Covid. 

Again.. your fears/worries are either misinformed/misplaced or you aren't paying attention. I could even have understood 1 or 2 kids being quarantined.. but to just board stroke and say 17 kids need to quarantine. Insane. This has to change. 

The golf cart kid at the course last night is in school at Noblesville....I asked him what he's hearing. He said with the contract tracing rules as they stand it's just a matter of time before elearning starts up and who knows impact on the field....and to your point he said dozens and dozens have been sent home and not one was positive. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The golf cart kid at the course last night is in school at Noblesville....I asked him what he's hearing. He said with the contract tracing rules as they stand it's just a matter of time before elearning starts up and who knows impact on the field....and to your point he said dozens and dozens have been sent home and not one was positive. 

My wife worked at Noblesville last year haha.. at Columbus North now. But yeah, if we are going to contact trace anyone who looks at someone with Covid... Elearning is a when, not an if. 

So... in the IHSAA and local health depts infinite wisdom.... instead of just quarantining the kids with, ya know Covid, we don't get to have a scout team (JV TEAM ) this week... and we will be up probably 50pts by the end of the 3rd with no one to sub into the game. lol .... now my players are at more risk of injury because their teammates got dressed by someone with Covid. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

Are high schools handling contact tracing differently for kids that are vaccinated?  Something like the NFL where a couple of negative tests allows you back into camp?

Both my kids are on elearning this week (school corp wide) and it frustrates me because they have been vaccinated, yet their education and overall high school experience is still impacted.

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Are high schools handling contact tracing differently for kids that are vaccinated?  Something like the NFL where a couple of negative tests allows you back into camp?

Both my kids are on elearning this week (school corp wide) and it frustrates me because they have been vaccinated, yet their education and overall high school experience is still impacted.

Tensions rise at 'Busco...

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/tensions-rise-as-smith-green-community-schools-remains-virtual/

39 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think vaccinated kids are treated differently? 

Contact tracing should be optional. Only way we are going to get back to normalcy. 

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not one was positive?  I can tell you with 100% certainty that is not true.  That said, he may very well be right on the elearning part of that. One of the middle schools is already on that.

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Not one was positive?  I can tell you with 100% certainty that is not true.  That said, he may very well be right on the elearning part of that. One of the middle schools is already on that.

See Btown's response.

If you know something more I'd love to know! When people talk in absolutes there usually is a crack in there somewhere. Just relaying information from the ground level. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

See Btown's response.

If you know something more I'd love to know! When people talk in absolutes there usually is a crack in there somewhere. Just relaying information from the ground level. 

Agree with you on the absolutes, especially when coming from teenagers!  Ha!  Probably the only thing I should say is I know for sure some have been positive.  That’s as close as I want to get to ferpa. Beyond that, I’m not sure there is anything I know.  I do know btown’s wife just a little bit though.  Sorry she left!

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Agree with you on the absolutes, especially when coming from teenagers!  Ha!  I’ve heard we had some female athletes test positive in one sport but I cannot confirm that.  I took the comment from the student as no students as opposed to no athletes.  What I can confirm is that some students have tested positive as well as some faculty.  Beyond that, I’m not sure there is anything I know.  I do know btown’s wife just a little bit though.  Sorry she left!

They tested positive, yes. None were from close contact though.. admittedly maybe she told me that mid April and something happened later on? That could be. 

For a veryyy long time in the school year not a single close contact (a lot) were positive. 

That's simply my issue... we aren't spreading it during our sports. Quarantine who needs quarantine and let's move on in that aspect. 

Now you show me more data that, just because my guys are dressing together/practicing together as a solid reason this things spreading... hey let's find some more strict measures. 

Unless you can do that.. my stance will not change. And that has to be on a consistent basis.. not an outlier. 

I know you weren't saying anything, necessarily, to contradict any of that. Just wanted to better explain myself, in general. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They tested positive, yes. None were from close contact though.. admittedly maybe she told me that mid April and something happened later on? That could be. 

For a veryyy long time in the school year not a single close contact (a lot) were positive. 

That's simply my issue... we aren't spreading it during our sports. Quarantine who needs quarantine and let's move on in that aspect. 

Now you show me more data that, just because my guys are dressing together/practicing together as a solid reason this things spreading... hey let's find some more strict measures. 

Unless you can do that.. my stance will not change. And that has to be on a consistent basis.. not an outlier. 

I know you weren't saying anything, necessarily, to contradict any of that. Just wanted to better explain myself, in general. 

Yep.  I get what you are saying there.  My only issue was what the student said.  And if I misinterpreted that and the student was saying there was no close contact spreading then that’s my fault.  I have no data on that one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

High of 79 on Friday. Maybe like 74 at kick off. Love it. 

We shouldn't struggle this week. Offense hummed to a tune of 495 yards and 49pts last week.  Averaging 46p and 460 yards of offense through 2 games.  

We have created some depth the first two weeks by playing a lot of guys on both sides of the ball. 

I love seeing kids we didn't think we'd ever get contributions from, come through as SRs. Love it. 

Getting a little closer to football weather….what I miss the most about Indiana.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

A wonderful time, fall. 

Favorite season….football, hunting, bon fires, hay rides…nothing I love better than a good crisp morning where I can see my breath but you have the nice warm sun on your face…..and look at me now….SW Florida…where it rarely drops below 80 lol.

• Like 1