Indiana HS Football 2021

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Madison is a two trick pony. QB can play (also a big time hooper) and #5 Yancey...both are JRs. Yancey is a WR.. runs some jet too. 

Best WR we've played since Branson Combs. Kid can flat out play. 

Also I've seen East Central on film. 😳😳😳... they played with Moeller last night. Outside of two fumbles. 

Have no illusion of beating East Central.  Would love to be on the opposite side of the bracket from both them and Mooresville.  It's always nice to get to win a couple in postseason.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Have no illusion of beating East Central.  Would love to be on the opposite side of the bracket from both them and Mooresville.  It's always nice to get to win a couple in postseason.

Oh I agree. I was just extremely impressed with them. Guy I went to college with is is HC now. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ha. Never knew why I didn't put this together earlier. Assuming Nick Hart is John's son? If yes...decades of great football coaching in those blood lines. Don't let him leave!

I'm hoping he comes to Hamilton County. He's a brilliant coach. 

Ugh, I am nervous for this Mater Dei game, technically it’s a neutral game since it’s being played at Harrison. But it’s also a home game for us, going to be packed on both sides of the field. Might as well post my preview 

Mater Dei has a 6’4 200 QB that can sling it down field and a speedy RB behind another massive O-line. But appears their QB isn’t most accurate judging by the stats, though has put good yardage. And saw there was some collapsing on their O-line. However, the highlight of Mater Dei seems to be their Defense. So far Mater Dei has beaten Central (24-14 W), came back against Castle to win it 21-14 in OT, and beat Vincennes Lincoln 31-6. The WildCats of Mater Dei have been pretty impressive so far in the SIAC. They also have Coach Goebels too. 

After starting, and blowing an 2H lead to Jasper. My tigers have done a lot better their last 2 games. Beating a solid North team 28-20(would have been more, but holding sucks), and dominating Rival Central 42-7. So far our QB, though undersized, has looked pretty good so far in the season, while our rushing attack has shown major improvements from last season. However, we need to improve some our catches, as we dropped 2 40/50 yard passes. Our Defense has gotten a lot better, but there has been some minor tackling problems the last 2 games. 

I think if there was a betting spread on this game, it would be a pick’em. Each team is pretty good, but I could give the nod to Mater Dei since they are well rounded. But Memorial is one of those teams that improve weekly under Coach Hurley. 2 massive O-lines and 2 great defenses will go at it on a cool Friday night at Romain Stadium. 

John Harrell’s prediction: Tigers by 3

On 9/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, btownqb said:

Evansville and FW is unique that they don't play anyone but their conference. 

SIAC obviously only recently made the change, but yeah.  

No one knows how good the areas are each year. In football, I guess would be the only sport that it effects. 

I don't remember the exact timing of it but the SAC went down to 8 after Harding and Elmhurst closed.  So there might have been a couple of years in there where the FW schools played other conferences before Homestead and Carroll joined.