Indiana HS Football 2021

48 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Speaking of Silver Creek, what does their football field look like, since Memorial is playing soccer there for the regional

Well.. I'll be able to tell you in like 10 mins. Heading there for a JV game right now. 

Usually.. its well kept. Bermuda grass. Harsh weather will really take its toll on it though. Very thin, but fast playing service. 

Edited by btownqb

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My JV took care business tonight 36-0. Could have easily been 50-0. I've got some serious speed on that team. 

Sounds like our 8th grade team from what I heard, their RB is a speedster. Our JV team isn’t really good, think they are like 3-3, but our freshman are supposedly fantastic behind Fisher

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our 8th grade was undefeated weren't really challenged 

Our 7/8th grade teams are pretty good too. Pretty sure out 8th grade is heavy with 3-6 lineman and some athletes. Also the other Combs Brother will making his debut too next season. 7th grade is a little smaller, but has a strong mentality amongst each other.

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Our 7/8th grade teams are pretty good too. Pretty sure out 8th grade is heavy with 3-6 lineman and some athletes. Also the other Combs Brother will making his debut too next season. 7th grade is a little smaller, but has a strong mentality amongst each other.

Ours are fantastically coached.. guy who broke all my records is the 8th grade coach.. hes like 25. Kids LOVE him and they do a lot of nice things. 

Three other guys on that staff that have coached A LOT of varsity, just have moved down for a number of reasons. (Work, kids, etc) 

And then two other guys that played for Coach May, so they know the system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Ours are fantastically coached.. guy who broke all my records is the 8th grade coach.. hes like 25. Kids LOVE him and they do a lot of nice things. 

Three other guys on that staff that have coached A LOT of varsity, just have moved down for a number of reasons. (Work, kids, etc) 

And then two other guys that played for Coach May, so they know the system. 

I’m not too sure who coaches our middle school teams, except 2 assistant coaches are former players in their 20s. But I’ve been hearing tons of great stuff coming from MS/Cub teams and some other factors (players rejoining the team next year). Pretty sure our 7/8th teams have a combined 45-50 players. We should be good for the next 4-6 years, as long as we have Hurley to lead us.

Speaking of 8th grade, their starting RB(I think) is the nephew of the Associate Head Coach of Kansas State’s MBB. And of course, Combs 3.0 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’m not too sure who coaches our middle school teams, except 2 assistant coaches are former players in their 20s. But I’ve been hearing tons of great stuff coming from MS/Cub teams and some other factors (players rejoining the team next year). Pretty sure our 7/8th teams have a combined 45-50 players. We should be good for the next 4-6 years, as long as we have Hurley to lead us.

Speaking of 8th grade, their starting RB(I think) is the nephew of the Associate Head Coach of Kansas State’s MBB. And of course, Combs 3.0 

Good. Hope we go back to 2A

• Like 1

Not sure what to think about the rain/storms this Friday... and of course we will be on grass for the first time all year lol 

Weeks 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8 were at home. We have turf. 

Weeks 2 and 6 were on the road with the opponent have turf. 

Week 3 we were going to play on grass, but that team was Covid.. so we picked up a team that had turf and played there. 

So now Week 9 we're on grass for the first time... and it might be a monsoon. Haha

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not sure what to think about the rain/storms this Friday... and of course we will be on grass for the first time all year lol 

Week 3 we were going to play on grass, but that team was Covid.. so we picked up a team that had turf and played there. 

So now Week 9 we're on grass for the first time... and it might be a monsoon. Haha

Soooooo, you gonna be wearing your Adidas rain poncho?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Sounds like us against Castle, playing on grass for the first time and it’s supposed to rain like crazy

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

To be fair... somewhat of a worry for your offense. Not that it is spectacular because it is.. just mentioning it. 

Yes, I worry about it too, but Castle should be a little bit more worried since their running attack has slowed down against the better teams in the SIAC. Only had -14 rushing yards against Jasper. And they have been forced to pass more too, although they have been good at it. Such an intriguing matchup as they play us tough every single year and usually down to the last wire.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yes, I worry about it too, but Castle should be a little bit more worried since their running attack has slowed down against the better teams in the SIAC. Only had -14 rushing yards against Jasper. And they have been forced to pass more too, although they have been good at it. Such an intriguing matchup as they play us tough every single year and usually down to the last wire.

I just meant in general.