Indiana HS Football 2021

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

If Coach May had written the headline it would have read... "Perfect practice makes perfect", but a nice article from Friday. Interviews from two of our kids. 

It's been attributed to several players but I know Seau and Marvin Harrison are the two I heard it from.

"You get paid to practice. You play the games for free". It's a great motto. That extra work, dedication, film, attention to details is what happens M-F or whatever the practice week or the offseason. Many games are won and lost right there before even getting between the lines. Now you get the reward of letting it all out on the field and pay off in the fun of the game! Congrats to your kids for earning their success!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It's been attributed to several players but I know Seau and Marvin Harrison are the two I heard it from.

"You get paid to practice. You play the games for free". It's a great motto. That extra work, dedication, film, attention to details is what happens M-F or whatever the practice week or the offseason. Many games are won and lost right there before even getting between the lines. Now you get the reward of letting it all out on the field and pay off in the fun of the game! Congrats to your kids for earning their success!

Appreciate that. They deserve every accolade. They show up on time, they are coachable, and come Friday at 7pm they're ready to play. It's been a fun 6 weeks. I think we're ranked 7th in 3A in both polls or something right now? Literally do not care about the polls at all though. 

Next week we'll play for a conference championship at home. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Appreciate that. They deserve every accolade. They show up on time, they are coachable, and come Friday at 7pm they're ready to play. It's been a fun 6 weeks. I think we're ranked 7th in 3A in both polls or something right now? Literally do not care about the polls at all though. 

Next week we'll play for a conference championship at home. 

The only poll that matters is taken at the end of the night on the score board and based on your performance. Winning and creating a fun and healthy environment for those kids is all that matters. As we all know...it's the time of your life at that age. So unique. Sure there are better moments to come we hope but gosh...just a special time. Sounds like they are learning good life lessons as well. Good luck the rest of the way!

• Like 1

Two weeks ago my JV lost 12-2. First game of the year because of Covid... we're playing wayyy more FR at that level than we've ever played... 

After two weeks of improvement and FILM... we won 52-0 tonight. Proud is an understatement. 

Film is hands down the best tool to use to teach. Saturday mornings we go 20-30 mins of drill work for the JV, 30 mins of a quick scouting report... and then we watch 1hr-1hr 15mins of film from the previous weeks game. Immense amount of improvement is possible with the film. 

• Like 1

My Tigers play Reitz this Friday, even though Reitz is struggling, it is a trap game for sure. It’s also Homecoming week for Reitz too, so I am sure the seniors for Reitz will be pumped up. However, it seems like their O-line has some struggles in blocking and has this weird gaps. 

Problem is, their offense is pretty capable of putting good points on the board as they have some nice receivers and RB. But their 4 last games have been demoralizing, especially giving up 39 points to a strongly depleted Central team. It’s pretty much their Super Bowl too, since an upset win will seal the SIAC race for Jasper (if Jasper beats Castle). 

Going to be a good weekend in the SIAC! 

Tons of good games tomorrow in the SIAC 

Mater at Boose, Bosse could stay within a couple of scores 

Memorial at Reitz, Reitz has homecoming tomorrow + playing a ranked opponent 

Central at Harrison, this is an interesting one to watch 

VL at North, should he a close game 1H 

and of course, 

Castle at Jasper, heard on the SIAC thread that Jasper has sustained some important injuries, including their starting QB, who is out for the rest of the regular season. Castle is really hot and dangerous right now, and a Castle win opens up the SIAC. But Jasper is still strong, and this one will not go down easy

Tigers roll the Panthers 49-10, in the SIAC title race, Jasper beat Castle by 18 pretty much securing the title, as they play North and VL next 

FINAL SCORES 

Memorial* over Reitz, 49-10 

Jasper over Castle, 30-12 

Central over Harrison, 17-13 

North over VL, 42-17 

Mater Dei over Bosse, 42-10 

*Clinched the City Title outright 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Carmel up 2 TD's on Ben Davis but game called because of gun fire outside stadium. I won't comment anymore other than saying the pendulum swings on things......and this stuff has to stop. Can't even play a frickin high school football game anymore. 

Yeah.  That's not good at all.  IndyStar says they have the shooter in custody.  But, man, what on earth possesses someone to do something like that with so many innocent people around.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  That's not good at all.  IndyStar says they have the shooter in custody.  But, man, what on earth possesses someone to do something like that with so many innocent people around.  

I can't or won't comment because of the respect I have for the board. Just got two texts from friends who were there. Really scary stuff. Kids crying just trying to watch their older brother play football.