Indiana HS Football 2021

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol your "finallys" are hilarious ... 

Also.. what's your school record for yards in a game? 

If you are talking individually, I believe Colton Pence broke it last year with 380 passing yards against Harrison. Broke the previous record of 379 by Lindauer against LawrenceBurg in 2017 Regional (91 total points scored between the teams). 

Last night, we broke the team team total passing yards in a game at around 480 yards. 370 by Ellspermann and 110 by our other QB.

I don’t know our record book on top of my head, so I will look back at it if I have the chance too. But it seems a lot of records in passing have been broken over the last 5 years

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If you are talking individually, I believe Colton Pence broke it last year with 380 passing yards against Harrison. Broke the previous record of 379 by Lindauer against LawrenceBurg in 2017 Regional (91 total points scored between the teams). 

Last night, we broke the team team total passing yards in a game at around 480 yards. 370 by Ellspermann and 110 by our other QB.

I don’t know our record book on top of my head, so I will look back at it if I have the chance too. But it seems a lot of records in passing have been broken over the last 5 years

Total yards of offense in one game

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would like to say I think the game will live up to the hype, but I sad to say I don't think it will.  Not confident at all that Silver Creek is playing well enough to hang with you guys, let alone at your place.  

Trey Shoen is the real deal. He's the best player we've played against and absolutely the fastest. I do think our offensive execution is going to go a long way to winning this game... against Seymour we got a stop, marched in 3-4 minutes and scored. 

Later in the game went on a 6 minute 99 yard drive. Those in HS can be huge. Only 48 minute game in HS. 

I'm sure SC has the same game plan. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I do think our offensive execution is going to go a long way to winning this game...

That's what sets you guys apart.  You consistently execute your offense at a very high level.  And, when that happens at the high school level, it's very hard to beat.  A team needs to be exponentially better talent wise to beat a team that is executing that well.  Silver Creek had that last year.  But, this season is a different story. 

Yes, Trey is very good,  And, it would not surprise me to see him break a big run or two against you guys.  But, in the end, if you play a normal 'Brownstown' game, you're going to win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That's what sets you guys apart.  You consistently execute your offense at a very high level.  And, when that happens at the high school level, it's very hard to beat.  A team needs to be exponentially better talent wise to beat a team that is executing that well.  Silver Creek had that last year.  But, this season is a different story. 

Yes, Trey is very good,  And, it would not surprise me to see him break a big run or two against you guys.  But, in the end, if you play a normal 'Brownstown' game, you're going to win.

I would concur, but... 15, 16, 17 year old kids. Who knows. 

I am excited we're going to have some solid weather tomorrow. Usually when we play you guys at home it's NASTY. 2 of the last 3 times it's been like 45-50 and raining lol ...and actually the JV game last year it poured the whole time. 

I loved that stuff when I was playing, NOT when I'm coaching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I would concur, but... 15, 16, 17 year old kids. Who knows. 

I am excited we're going to have some solid weather tomorrow. Usually when we play you guys at home it's NASTY. 2 of the last 3 times it's been like 45-50 and raining lol ...and actually the JV game last year it poured the whole time. 

I loved that stuff when I was playing, NOT when I'm coaching. 

I went to the game 2 years ago.  I'm not even sure it was 45, and the rain was absolutely miserable.  When we got in the car to drive up there, I looked over at my son, who wears shorts when it's 10 degrees outside, and said 'Dude you're going to need heavier clothing than that.  He responded "I don't have any".   We had to stop at Walmart in Scottsburg on the way up and get some proper clothing for him.

That easily was the most miserable high school football game weather wise that I have ever experienced.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I went to the game 2 years ago.  I'm not even sure it was 45, and the rain was absolutely miserable.  When we got in the car to drive up there, I looked over at my son, who wears shorts when it's 10 degrees outside, and said 'Dude you're going to need heavier clothing than that.  He responded "I don't have any".   We had to stop at Walmart in Scottsburg on the way up and get some proper clothing for him.

That easily was the most miserable high school football game weather wise that I have ever experienced.  

lol lord teenagers can be dumb 

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Going to be an interesting game against Scheon. Averaging around 220+ yards a game isn’t an easy feat to stop. But with the Brownstown’s rush defense only giving up around 150 yards a game in rushing. This matchup will be intriguing to watch 

We're giving up 107 yards a game on the ground and 78 yards a game in the air. SC will almost certainly run for more than 107, probably double that or more.