Indiana HS Football 2021

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It'll be a game. I think EC pulls away at the end... but it'll be a game. 

We are good team, but EC went toe and toe against Roncalli. I’ve seen them play a couple of times against Reitz/Central, and they always looked well rounded and dynamic. And I heard there is a really good Brother Duo on the team. Can Memorial keep it a game with EC? We’ve never played them before, but we shall see on Saturday. 

It should be live streamed too, since it is #8 and #5. Since most are hoping to see an Roncalli-EC rematch in SS. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

54 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Sam Ringer, apparently he tore his ACL again. And judging by the replay of their sectional championship, it did not look good at all. What is even worse, is that they were up big in the 4Q.

Kids the best defensive player I've watched on film that wasn't going D1. 

He's an absolute stud. I didn't see anything confirmed that he's 100% out.. but it does seem that way. 

To be honest.. a lot of me being so high on EC hinged on how good he was. EC also used him SO well.. essentially just let him play free and read the play. 

#1 and #15 are LEGIT though for EC, offensively. So is their FS. 

W/Ringer healthy, who plays SS, and their FS... just an incredible safety tandem for HS. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Kids the best defensive player I've watched on film that wasn't going D1. 

He's an absolute stud. I didn't see anything confirmed that he's 100% out.. but it does seem that way. 

To be honest.. a lot of me being so high on EC hinged on how good he was. EC also used him SO well.. essentially just let him play free and read the play. 

#1 and #15 are LEGIT though for EC, offensively. So is their FS. 

W/Ringer healthy, who plays SS, and their FS... just an incredible safety tandem for HS. 

He and his brother are SUPER good, I think Josh has like 650 in rushing yards even though he missed around a good portion of the season. I also saw Sam is also the starting punter, so that could be interesting come game time today

The Summit Athletic Conference (SAC) did not get a team to semi state for the first time in 34 years. 

Old school reactions: "Wow, quite a run for that conference. Maybe they'll bounce back next year." 

Modern, social media-driven reactions: "Wow, how embarrassing! The SAC needs to do away with its scheduling format so its teams can start going deeper in the playoffs! Need tougher games in the regular season! Gotta prepare for the tournament by playing the best!" 

I don't have a dog in that fight, so I don't care what the SAC decides to do, but sometimes, you just have to accept that you lost to a better team and live with it. Indianapolis is on a different plane than the rest of the state when it comes to football, and Fort Wayne teams playing them in August isn't going to magically change anything that happens should they meet again in November. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

The Summit Athletic Conference (SAC) did not get a team to semi state for the first time in 34 years. 

Old school reactions: "Wow, quite a run for that conference. Maybe they'll bounce back next year." 

Modern, social media-driven reactions: "Wow, how embarrassing! The SAC needs to do away with its scheduling format so its teams can start going deeper in the playoffs! Need tougher games in the regular season! Gotta prepare for the tournament by playing the best!" 

I don't have a dog in that fight, so I don't care what the SAC decides to do, but sometimes, you just have to accept that you lost to a better team and live with it. Indianapolis is on a different plane than the rest of the state when it comes to football, and Fort Wayne teams playing them in August isn't going to magically change anything that happens should they meet again in November. 

In 1983-84 the state expanded to 4 playoff divisions. Since then, the SAC has had 20 state champions, or about one every other year. 5 different schools are represented as champs. I don't think they need to do anything other than what they are doing. 

Bottom line is that Dwenger was down this year but still eliminated Snider in an upset to win sectional. Luers was in line as a favorite, but Eastside, who had lost to them last year in a closely contested game, exacted revenge. The big schools who were good, Carroll and Homestead won't get to past the big Indy schools, I don't believe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It's irrelevant anyway because I don't see many Indy teams that would want to drive to FW for a Friday game... why would they? 

What they're doing now works.

SAC is fine. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then the game should go to MV. 

I’m sure Memorial would have a mouthful it that happened. Can’t change it now, but, if that was a possibility, they would try for a neutral field somewhere, or be undecided until Monday to default the time. 

I’m surprised MV didn’t ask to see if there were any other venues open on Saturday to have the game too.

Edited by Hoosierfan1901