Indiana HS Football 2021

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I probably watch 100 hours of film every football season... and tonight is our scrimmage 🤣🤣

I told my wife how excited I was to watch film tonight lol such a nerd

I’m not even a coach, and I still do that haha. Maybe it’s because of my dedication, might as well hop on the team. 

Which team is Brownstown playing or is just an in team scrimmage 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

I probably watch 100 hours of film every football season... and tonight is our scrimmage 🤣🤣

I told my wife how excited I was to watch film tonight lol such a nerd

How did the scrimmage go?  

Who do you see as the teams to beat in the MSC.  I think SC lost too much from last year's team to repeat.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

I was told IU was looking at him last year I think?  Seems like he was a regular on the FW area highlight zone last season.

Allen and Brohm both visited Carroll last year but neither seemed like they were ever going to offer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rico said:

Any other major programs look at the kid?  

Not to my knowledge.  I have no idea what would have happened if he would have waited and had a really great senior year.  His offers were Penn, Illinois State, Indiana State, South Dakota State...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

How did the scrimmage go?  

Who do you see as the teams to beat in the MSC.  I think SC lost too much from last year's team to repeat.  

I thought it went really well. We have two FR that are going to be very, very good football players.  

As far as the MSC.. obviously you know our expectation every year.  I think Salem would be a team to watch for. SC obviously lost a lot, but I think you all are pretty well coached. So can you get to a point where you reload and don't rebuild? 

5 years ago we lost 19 starters from a team that was ranked top 5 in the state and the next year we went 10-3 and won the sectional championship 37-0. Can SC get to that point? Idk. It takes a lot of development. I still don't think SC has all the athletes they could in football. 

• Like 1

Watermelon scrimmage went really well too for Memorial. Some question marks on the QB play, but that’s probably because of early season jitters and going up against our tough defense. There were some uncharacteristic turnovers and dropped passes. I didn’t have a roster last night, so it was hard to tell who was playing. Our defense looked amazing like always, big dudes up front that are ball hungry. Overall, I like the team and I should have more clarity about us  after the Castle Scrimmage this upcoming weekend. 

38 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

How does the MSC race look, I’m assuming Brownstown is the assumed favorite?

Seems pretty open. Salem has a good club. We'll see. 

Executing is underrated and when you're talking 15-18 year olds... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. I think we improved this week after a rocky start. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Seems pretty open. Salem has a good club. We'll see. 

Executing is underrated and when you're talking 15-18 year olds... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. I think we improved this week after a rocky start. 

Sounds like the SIAC right now, seems like we or Mater Dei will win it. But Castle and Jasper are very strong contenders, so we shall see what happens throughout the season. From what I’ve seen our scrimmage looked very good, though the QB play was rocky 

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Up north, Dwenger will be challenged this year as they are undersized. Snider and Luers will be there. Homestead, with the quarterback kid, will also be good.

outside of Ft Wayne, the Adams Central-South Adams rivalry lives on. Leo will be good. Two programs, Churubusco and East Noble will take a step back

Some teams I feel you forgot.  Warsaw and Carroll should be good.  Southwood will be as well.  Surprised you didn't mention Eastside.