Why not Michael Lewis?

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Absolutely, not even close

Lewis saw the game as a player, there is no doubt he can see it from the sideline.

Ostrum has been with archie for something like 10 years.  He is his Associate Head Coach - Maybe coach needs a new look there.  Happens all the time.  Just a thought as I have not seen him coach like you have, only clips on Youtube.  And honestly, I don't remember ever hearing him in an interview like the rest of the coaches. 

All I know is he was Billy Ds video guy and possibly assistant for a few years.

5 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Lewis saw the game as a player, there is no doubt he can see it from the sideline.

Ostrum has been with archie for something like 10 years.  He is his Associate Head Coach - Maybe coach needs a new look there.  Happens all the time.  Just a thought as I have not seen him coach like you have, only clips on Youtube.  And honestly, I don't remember ever hearing him in an interview like the rest of the coaches. 

All I know is he was Billy Ds video guy and possibly assistant for a few years.

Agree completely with this.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see a lot of new faces on the sideline next year.  Archie will need to change something to save his job I think

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Agree completely with this.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see a lot of new faces on the sideline next year.  Archie will need to change something to save his job I think

It's interesting and still don't know the true reason why Schilling left - was he forced out?

Flint went to UK, and they are struggling this year.  Not saying it is do to that...but the guy he replaced was their practice guy.

Hunter seems like the real deal and love to see him teach on the sideline.

Roberts, I knew him well in college so I won't comment as it would be non objective as only though a positive lense.  

56 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

It's interesting and still don't know the true reason why Schilling left - was he forced out?

Flint went to UK, and they are struggling this year.  Not saying it is do to that...but the guy he replaced was their practice guy.

Hunter seems like the real deal and love to see him teach on the sideline.

Roberts, I knew him well in college so I won't comment as it would be non objective as only though a positive lense.  

I like Hunter and to be honest I don’t know enough about Roberts but he’s very unassertive from what I’ve seen.  Schilling to me was Ostrom 2.0.  Again these are just my opinions from what I’ve seen and been around.  I’m far from a basketball guru but have been around a lot of basketball and coaches through the years.

8 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

You could create a great staff with IU guys...Lewis, Fife, Cheaney, Guyton...Would be amazing to come up with a transition guy like Beilein, Keith Smart, or Wittman who would have those guys as his assistants and be ready to hand it off to Fife in four years...

It would be amazingly cool if that worked out, but I don't think it ever goes like that does it?  I mean coaches hire guys they know and are comfortable with or that are experts in a certain area that is needed right?  I definitely could be wrong, but I don't think they really ever just fire their current assistants and bring in guys they aren't familiar with just because they went to the school they are coaching.

Archived