February Signing Day

Andy06

The second LOI signing period is quickly approaching, February 3rd if I remember correctly.  Does anyone have any information or guesses as to who, if anyone we will add to the class?

With some of the departures it looks like we will have a few extra spots available.   I have no information,  but am guessing the staff will be very selective or just bank an extra scholarship or 2 for next year. 

With the new DC in place there might be a new name or two pop up that we weren't in the running for. 

On 1/18/2021 at 8:31 PM, Leathernecks said:

Not sure.  I haven't heard of anybody we're after.  It seems like the last few years we've had a guy or two we were really chasing at this point, but not sure about this year.  I would guess we'll try to hit the transfer market hard.  

I have heard about Malachi Bennett some. WR that was at one time committed elsewhere. Not sure if he is a take, but just a name that I have seen pop up.

8 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

I have heard about Malachi Bennett some. WR that was at one time committed elsewhere. Not sure if he is a take, but just a name that I have seen pop up.

I remember hearing about him a while back, but it seems like there hasn't been anything about him lately.  I kind of figured that meant we were out of it, but I looked into it a bit, and it looks like he just has a quiet recruitment.  Hardly ever tweets.  He did have one about being open to playing WR or CB in college.  No new crystal ball info on him either.

16 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

An interesting name that apparently Hiller has contacted is Eric Gray RB from Tennessee. Probably a long shot, but worth a mention.

Truthfully though... if you're Eric Gray... you should absolutely take a LONG look at IU before you turn us down... with Scott going pro and who else is in that running back room. Shew. Gets me excited. 

Just curious.. where did you see that? 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Truthfully though... if you're Eric Gray... you should absolutely take a LONG look at IU before you turn us down... with Scott going pro and who else is in that running back room. Shew. Gets me excited. 

Just curious.. where did you see that? 

Haha it's funny you ask becuse in the other thread I was just talking about it for rankings, but 247 site. Also if you look on twitter Hiller and Gray just followed each other. Could be nothing other than kicking the tires apparently, but just thought it was worth sharing that I read. I agree that Gray should give us an actual look becuase he could easily start on a very good team with a great QB and defense.

6 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Haha it's funny you ask becuse in the other thread I was just talking about it for rankings, but 247 site. Also if you look on twitter Hiller and Gray just followed each other. Could be nothing other than kicking the tires apparently, but just thought it was worth sharing that I read. I agree that Gray should give us an actual look becuase he could easily start on a very good team with a great QB and defense.

It doesn't mean much, but it doesn't mean nothing. That's for sure. 

He follows coaches from OK ST, USC, UCLA, MSU, UCF, Wisconsin, and Indiana. 

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Eric Gray, 5'10 205. 157 carries for 772 yds. 4.9 avg. 4 TD'S. 30 REC for 254 yds, 2 TD'S. 2 years left.

He had 14 carries for 86 yds and a TD against us in 19'

Sign him up.

Some more info in this...

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Eric-Gray-Tennessee-football-Vols-RB-speaks-out-after-entering-transfer-portal-159669217/

Archived