Age/Expectations

I would love to see the age of some posters on here.  I’m guessing most of the younger posters 35 and under are still on board with Archie.  Not all but more posters that are older are the ones who are frustrated and ready for a coaching change.  Could be wrong, just more curious than anything.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just turned 40...I could see CAM putting it all together, but it needs to happen soon...Much like Beilein heading to the Big Ten media day believing that it would be his last year at Michigan going into his fifth year and everything fell together for him, Archie needs some breaks to fall his way...

39.  I'm negative about some things but ok with one more year because the foundation is/has been built.  I've begged CAM to bring in start now ability at guard because Al and Rob do not a start on any decent B1G teams.  Parker Stewart may be that guy to go along with the development of Armaan and hopefully Lander.  This is a guards game.  You can't win playing slow, methodical, pound to the big man ball.  May be a easing in disguise if Trayce does peace out.  Will have no choice but to let the guards ball out.  

Something has been amiss with chemistry and fire.  I think the chemistry has vastly improved this year but the fire is still lacking.  

If Trayce comes back, it's a top 3 conference team and I'd still like to being in guard depth.  I love Leal and Galloway but need a straight baller, get 15 in conference guy, even if that pisses off Lander and Rob, oh well, step up if you want your minutes.  

I'm 48. I was on the fence before the Purdue loss. I'm still on the fence after the loss, but if the team fails to turn things around and falls in to the bottom third of BIG, I know I'm gonna jump off the fence. 

If IU ends up parting ways with CAM, I want the next hire to be an absolute homerun hire. No matter what. No more excuses. No more project. Ever since RMK was let go, for 20 years, IU had 1 mishap (Sampson), and 3 projects (Davis, Crean, and Miller). IU should stop doing this and open up the checkbook. IU needs to start acting like a blueblood, or just lose the fanbase and go through a slow death. 

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

39.  I'm negative about some things but ok with one more year because the foundation is/has been built.  I've begged CAM to bring in start now ability at guard because Al and Rob do not a start on any decent B1G teams.  Parker Stewart may be that guy to go along with the development of Armaan and hopefully Lander.  This is a guards game.  You can't win playing slow, methodical, pound to the big man ball.  May be a easing in disguise if Trayce does peace out.  Will have no choice but to let the guards ball out.  

Something has been amiss with chemistry and fire.  I think the chemistry has vastly improved this year but the fire is still lacking.  

If Trayce comes back, it's a top 3 conference team and I'd still like to being in guard depth.  I love Leal and Galloway but need a straight baller, get 15 in conference guy, even if that pisses off Lander and Rob, oh well, step up if you want your minutes.  

Chemistry has been an issue for everyone of his years it seems.  That is another concerning problem I have.

I think this is definitely an interesting study.  I wondered the same thing about age influencing opinions on another subject a while back.  Ironically I don't remember the subject or the result.  Must be my age!  Anyway, I am 47 and mostly ready for a change, but would be fine if he shocked me to death and did enough this year and next to save his job.  

21 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I would love to see the age of some posters on here.  I’m guessing most of the younger posters 35 and under are still on board with Archie.  Not all but more posters that are older are the ones who are frustrated and ready for a coaching change.  Could be wrong, just more curious than anything.

I am 50 ears old and was supporting Archi until this year. I will still support Archie and the team and will watch every game.  I have lost my faith that Archie will ever turn the program around.

I actually think I have been trying to fool myself thinking that IU being good is not all that important.  I say in the long run how is IU being great again going to change anything.  In the long run IU winning championships isn't important in the big scheme of your life but it does make the seasons way more enjoyable.

Actually I always use to think the opposite was that the younger crowd was the ones that were impatient.  I thought they were more of the win at any cost crowd and doesn't care how you win.  I thought the older crowd new that IU won the right way and did not ever want IU to stoop down and be like UK or any other programs that cheat.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am 50 ears old and was supporting Archi until this year. I will still support Archie and the team and will watch every game.  I have lost my faith that Archie will ever turn the program around.

I actually think I have been trying to fool myself thinking that IU being good is not all that important.  I say in the long run how is IU being great again going to change anything.  In the long run IU winning championships isn't important in the big scheme of your life but it does make the seasons way more enjoyable.

Actually I always use to think the opposite was that the younger crowd was the ones that were impatient.  I thought they were more of the win at any cost crowd and doesn't care how you win.  I thought the older crowd new that IU won the right way and did not ever want IU to stoop down and be like UK or any other programs that cheat.

Gotta remember, under 35 doesn’t remember the glory days of IU basketball.  Hell at 43 I barely do.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

As frustrated as I am, unless the right candidate is there this year you have to give him one more year. And again if he turns it around every one of us that is frustrated will gladly say we were wrong!! I know I would! I’m an old 43 by the way.

That's the tricky part! Just like finding a Mr. or Ms. Right, sometimes it all depends on the timing. For me, I don't mind if we have to stick to Miller for a while just to find a real good one. After 20 years of suffering, 2 years is nothing if we can really get the right guy. But I know it's just a wishful thinking. IU's too stubborn and a a little too cheap. 

59.  I always wanted to see an Archie coached team without Davonte Green at the point. Now I've expanded that to Durham also. I'm counting on improved guard play next year so I'm fine with keeping CAM. I'm hoping for a better looking/functioning offense next year to boost recruiting too.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Gotta remember, under 35 doesn’t remember the glory days of IU basketball.  Hell at 43 I barely do.

I remember bits and pieces of the 76 team but was really into the 81 and 87 years. Also since the younger group has not seen winning it would make you think they would be impatient and want to see this team win.  

I’m 36 and am apathetic to Archie at this point. I know he’s going to get another season regardless so I’m not getting too invested in the replacement talk. I still watch the games and cheer for IU but am not expecting anything than a lower half of the conference and a 9, 10 or 11 seed this year or next. I also don’t believe  we  will beat Purdue this year or next.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

31, and I've been ready to move on since last year's RMK game. 

hey you brought up a good point. I was absolutely stunned that Archie and Co. blew that game. I'm not a diehard RMK fan, but they messed up the General's homecoming. It was a golden opportunity for a national spotlight, and IU fans got a slap on the face. 

1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

hey you brought up a good point. I was absolutely stunned that Archie and Co. blew that game. I'm not a diehard RMK fan, but they messed up the General's homecoming. It was a golden opportunity for a national spotlight, and IU fans got a slap on the face. 

That one is still hard to swallow. And it’s not that we lost it’s how we didn’t play with any emotion on the most emotional day for an IU fan in 20 years I would say. Plus that place was packed and ready to explode

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

One of my most vivid  memories was crying myself to sleep at age 7 after IU lost their only B1G game to Ohio State in 92 or 93

makes me feel old because I remember having to listen to some of that game on the radio.  I was in college at IU East and commuted and had a late class that day.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

That one is still hard to swallow. And it’s not that we lost it’s how we didn’t play with any emotion on the most emotional day for an IU fan in 20 years I would say. Plus that place was packed and ready to explode

I was upset that Archie did not bring the team out to see the ceremony.  I felt this would show the team what the history of IU basketball is all about.

Archived