40 under 40 article

8 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Since everyone is talking new coaches, here is a list i ran across recently

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29157808/40-40-rank-best-young-coaches-men-college-basketball

I like articles like that a lot.  I am sure some of those guys are going to be the next big things.  I don't like getting rid of CAM for any of them as I think we need a big hire of someone who is already proven.  If we aren't going to do that, I guess someone near the top of that list would be something to get fairly excited about.  Such a roll of the dice though.

Some thoughts based on the article...

1. Some of those guys in that article look like they are 60+ years old already. Just sayin'

2. Archie was likely on the same kind of list just a few years ago

3. Success at a lower level clearly does not guarantee success when you jump to a power 5 conference

4. If Archie does not figure out how to make IU a contender soon, and I mean this season or next, my choice would be Dane Fife. At 41 he is not in the article above but his credentials include playing for Bob Knight, being an assistant at IU, ran his own program at IPFW, and has almost ten years as an assistant to Tom Izzo. And at one point he turned down being an assistant at purdue, which is icing on the cake.

8 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Some thoughts based on the article...

1. Some of those guys in that article look like they are 60+ years old already. Just sayin'

2. Archie was likely on the same kind of list just a few years ago

3. Success at a lower level clearly does not guarantee success when you jump to a power 5 conference

4. If Archie does not figure out how to make IU a contender soon, and I mean this season or next, my choice would be Dane Fife. At 41 he is not in the article above but his credentials include playing for Bob Knight, being an assistant at IU, ran his own program at IPFW, and has almost ten years as an assistant to Tom Izzo. And at one point he turned down being an assistant at purdue, which is icing on the cake.

#2 Is one thing I was thinking.  Without a doubt.  

Archived