20-21 Bracketology thread

Indykev

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I'm just better off hitting the bed for church in the morning but has Duke, UK or Kansas beat a top 10 team twice this year? 

Its Duke.  Not just IU, but any team in the country will need a resume that is clearly better to be selected over Duke.

7 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Perhaps that's because they've seen the product which is IUBB?

I think IU fans also don’t closely watch other programs. The fact people throw names of guys who were recently on the hot seat kind of reveals that to me. In comparison to the rest of the country, IU isn’t as far away as it seems, and part of that is because the big ten has like 4 of the top 12 teams. 

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

I think IU fans also don’t closely watch other programs. The fact people throw names of guys who were recently on the hot seat kind of reveals that to me. In comparison to the rest of the country, IU isn’t as far away as it seems, and part of that is because the big ten has like 4 of the top 12 teams. 

Bingo. CBB has gotten a lot more parity recently.  People who are looking at IU and every other program dispassionately and by the numbers seem to have a much different perspective of our tournament chances than our own fans. 

2 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

Agree completely. A lot of people point to Cronin at UCLA and Parakeet just mentioned Will Wade at LSU. 

I don't mean this as an excuse for Archie, he chose IU and he chose the Big Ten, it's the conference he's in and that is what it is. With that said, the Pac-12 is a joke. You put IU's last 3 teams in the Pac-12 and I'm pretty sure we're not having any of these conversations about Archie. You put this years IU team in the Pac-12 and I'm pretty sure we're in a similar spot. 

The Big Ten is a really, really tough conference. Archie has to do better and that's on him, but it's not the same as trying to build something in some of these other conferences. 

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Rutgers looked bad today.  maybe we'll win that one after all.  win that one and MSU and one in the BTT and we should squeak in

I was visiting my son and grand daughter today so I didn't see any of the games this afternoon.  I saw the score and saw Rutgers only scored 59 points at home so was it that Rutgers couldn't hit shots today.  When I got home I turned it on the PSU and Iowa game and it was tied at 54 with 12 to go in the game.  PSU did not score the next 6 minutes and that pretty much lost the game for them.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was visiting my son and grand daughter today so I didn't see any of the games this afternoon.  I saw the score and saw Rutgers only scored 59 points at home so was it that Rutgers couldn't hit shots today.  When I got home I turned it on the PSU and Iowa game and it was tied at 54 with 12 to go in the game.  PSU did not score the next 6 minutes and that pretty much lost the game for them.

to be honest, i saw very little, but MD pretty much handed it to them at Rutgers.  i'm just assuming they are back to whatever issues they had that derailed them earlier.  

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

to be honest, i saw very little, but MD pretty much handed it to them at Rutgers.  i'm just assuming they are back to whatever issues they had that derailed them earlier.  

What brought them out of that slump?

10 hours ago, Bustout said:

Didn’t they bench a couple kids ... chemistry issues maybe?

Ron Harper's ankle injury had Montez Mathis and Jacob Young starting, and there weren't enough shots for them to go around with Geo Baker in there...Lately, they've started McConnell and Mulcahy in place of Young and Mathis...

Pikell has shuffled his lineup a lot...Only Harper has started every game for them (and he missed one with the ankle)...

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Joe Lunardi released a new bracket this morning.

And still has IU in it.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30302581/the-varying-states-ncaa-tournament-bracketology

That's the thing. Our season to date isn't going the way we want but I look at most of these brackets and IU still is in the tourney in most if not all. Salvage time starts Saturday.

Archived