Soccer 2021

49 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

No. 23 IU gets a win 4-0 against Wisconsin to be back in a 3 way tie with Michigan and Ohio State

Control our destiny again. I am a little shocked we fell that far for a road loss to a team that basically just couldn’t play with us and ran with a high risk high reward strategy that happened to come out in their favor. 

Edited by Brass Cannon
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Control our destiny again. I am a little shocked we fell that far for a road loss to a team that basically just couldn’t play with us and ran with a high risk high reward strategy that happened to come out in their favor. 

They needed that win, after the embarrassing loss to Northwestern 

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And OSU lost so realistically it’s us or Michigan for the conference. Penn States in the mix too I guess but have a very tough schedule. Condensed as well 

Actually I don’t see how they could possibly get Penn States lost games in.  They could make up 1 game but it would only make sense if by playing it Penn state state had a chance to win the conference.  

If they win out it’s a possible scenario.  

• Like 1

We beat Michigan today to go 7-1.  We won in Double OT on a golden goal. 1-0. 

Penn state won as well they are 6-1.  

Both teams play Maryland to finish the season. We play at home PSU on the road.  

If Penn State loses my guess we don’t make either of their games up. 

If they win I could see the conference trying to make us make ours against them up 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We beat Michigan today to go 7-1.  We won in Double OT on a golden goal. 1-0. 

Penn state won as well they are 6-1.  

Both teams play Maryland to finish the season. We play at home PSU on the road.  

If Penn State loses my guess we don’t make either of their games up. 

If they win I could see the conference trying to make us make ours against them up 

Maryland hasn’t been good this season, wish we didn’t lose the NW game. However, they are on a 3 game winning streak too and beat Michigan, so I hope we don’t overlook them 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Maryland hasn’t been good this season, wish we didn’t lose the NW game. However, they are on a 3 game winning streak too and beat Michigan, so I hope we don’t overlook them 

Hard to believe we overlook them.  Senior night and a win gets us the conference for certain. 

Just read there was a rule change that conference is decided by average points per game played. Which is a total crock.  Penn State missed their two toughest games.  

So if we go 7-1-1 and they go 7-1 they will win the conference.  That’s some straight up BS 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hard to believe we overlook them.  Senior night and a win gets us the conference for certain. 

Just read there was a rule change that conference is decided by average points per game played. Which is a total crock.  Penn State missed their two toughest games.  

So if we go 7-1-1 and they go 7-1 they will win the conference.  That’s some straight up BS 

Wait what? That’s is so so stupid, my goodness that’s a stupid rule

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wait what? That’s is so so stupid, my goodness that’s a stupid rule

I know right!   I’m sure it was put in place knowing some games might get cancelled but seems to be rewarding a team for missing their toughest opponents. If they beat Maryland and we tie. I guess we will be demanding to play PSU 

• Like 1

Took a deeper dive. Maryland has actually been on a tear.  4 straight wins after starting 0-3.  

So even with the new rules in place. If Maryland beats PSU on Wednesday we win the conference.  No matter what happens on next Sunday.  If Penn State wins, we have to win.  So go Maryland, would love to be able to let some guys get almost two weeks of rest going into the btt