Soccer 2021

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Welp.

Overtime

Unless they change their strategy, I don't see how IU wins before PK's. Maybe getting it to PK's is the strategy at this point. 

Weird though that the announcers seemed to think if someone would score it would be IU. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Even right there at the start of OT, what is the strategy to kick the kickoff back and then just drill down field to turn it over?

Every time i watch this team play the ball is on our goal end 80% of the time. maddening to watch. This game looked just like the loss last year in the cup final.

• Like 1

Yes...we gave up the ball too much. Our defense looked very good and got stronger later in the match. Unbelievable it was almost like we were wearing them out by letting them make runs against only to bash against the rock (back line) and it looked like it was working...but when you are giving that many opportunities it just takes a weird bounce, a bad break and just like that they have a scoring opportunity. I guess the strategy was let them over extend themselves and hit them on a counter but sadly Endeley was the only one giving us good runs and once they kinda closed down his space to make runs no one else really answered. I wasn't too impressed with Bezerra the last two matches either. Outside a couple looks he really didn't get on anything and was more interested in taking dives then anything it seemed. This did not look like one of our better IU teams...an opportunity lost because I wasn't all impressed with Marshall either. We will try for #9 again this fall!

• Like 1