Soccer 2021

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Surprised we didn’t get a first place vote

I would agree with that. Even if Marshall did return everyone, you would think IU would have gotten the nod still, with everyone we are returning and the new incomers. 

This is the closest thing I have every felt to Championship or bust for any of my teams any year. 

Just now, ledies22 said:

I would agree with that. Even if Marshall did return everyone, you would think IU would have gotten the nod still, with everyone we are returning and the new incomers. 

This is the closest thing I have every felt to Championship or bust for any of my teams any year. 

Marshall lost a good amount of players  including Jamil Roberts, but returns Victor Diaz. Good news for us, is that we pretty much return our entire team, another Top 10 recruiting class and Senior Captain Spencer Glass. 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

IU won 3-2 against ND last night in OT. I couldn’t watch the game due being away, however, it seemed like IU was rusty for most of the match, but still founded a way to win the game.

I think they had 4 shots in the first half and ended up with 14 or something to that nature. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Men’s soccer beat Northwestern tonight 2-1 after having earlier lost at home to Rutgers.

I don't know how you can return as much talent from a national runner-up as we did and suck so bad the following year, but this team has found a way to do it. We've had maybe 2 games so far where we actually looked like a contender. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:33 PM, TheWatShot said:

I don't know how you can return as much talent from a national runner-up as we did and suck so bad the following year, but this team has found a way to do it. We've had maybe 2 games so far where we actually looked like a contender. 

However disappointing it is, we still have a really good team and a legit shot to get number 9. these high of a season's expectations are more often a curse.