Assistant Coaches

Drroogh

Just now, Bustout said:

Also making $300k+/year at each stop coaching college hoops ... and will have a job next year.    Inconvenient, maybe ... 

Well if he stayed at UCONN he would be going to the tournament.  I thi k being an assistant coach would be rough having to move your family a lot.

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He didn't shoot any today but Galloway especially has ugly FT form. 

Geronimo's isn't much better but at least he shoots them straight. He just tends to shoot them flat and too hard so they go off the back of the rim.

Phinisee tends to shoot them short even at the beginning of games before he should be tired.

To me being short equals not getting enough momentum from the legs.  At least the way I see it.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

To me being short equals not getting enough momentum from the legs.  At least the way I see it.  

Yep. I've seen Phinisee barely graze the front of the rim early in the game. That's like something you usually see from guys who have played lots of minutes in an overtime game but not before the first TV timeout. Definitely not using his legs.

I don't think Galloway even bends his knees or if he does it's not much. Then he just kind of flings the ball at the basket.

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't see Archie firing everyone thinking that's the answer, but if new assistants is the best we can do, i hope Tonagel is one of them and then takes his job after next year if we can't go out and spend the big bucks.

I, myself, have come to the conclusion that we need to get Tonagel  involved with the IU basketball program.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Losing affects every facet of the game.

Yep this team’s spirit is broken. Eventually even the defense we hung our hat on gives when kids hearts aren’t into it any longer. Good to see they at least understood Purdue was a rivalry game and got up for it with effort but the past two weeks the defense went as soon as the offense did.

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m talking major overhaul. No more Ostrom, no more Roberts.

I have heard plenty of people critique Ostrom (mostly Dakich), some have suggested that Ostrom contributes to some of the more disappointing subbing patterns, but why Roberts? I understand that the hype machine is in full bloom when we make new hires and signings, but it sounded like a good hire at the time....I'm just curious about what the staff lacks...

Do you have specific insight? 

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He has made changes to the staff and hasn't worked.  I just can't see how the administration can bring this coaching staff back and expect it to just turn around.  They have no knw the fan apathy toward this program and that if Archie comes back it will get worse.  I hated the feeling I have had the last 3 games where I wasn't into the game and was totally pissed after a loss especially to PU

I totally agree about the last 3 games. I’m normally bouncing off the walls a couple hours before the PU game. Even when got up 7-0 I was just sitting on my couch thinking about how long it would take PU to get the lead back. I truly hate the feeling I have right now.

Archived