Iowa Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

I think the team/coaches have heard all the rancor online from the fan base. This game shows me if the team has given up and/or Archie wants to be successful at IU. Beat IA and it’s a good start to redemption 

Iowa's strengths are our weaknesses. Throw in the fact we have no shooters and are thin in the middle and this will not be close.

Iowa by 20 or more. 

I hope I am wrong and if so I will eat crow. We are not that good.

In all honesty, on paper we have no chance to win this game.  That being said, i think its about 50/50 we win by 15+ or lose by 20+.  I've just got a feeling it wont be a close game either way.  But that could also be the bbq pork nachos i had for dinner last night. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

In all honesty, on paper we have no chance to win this game.  That being said, i think its about 50/50 we win by 15+ or lose by 20+.  I've just got a feeling it wont be a close game either way.  But that could also be the bbq pork nachos i had for dinner last night. 🤷‍♂️

Think it's the nachos. I'm hungry now. I just can't see us blowing any good team up. I think we can win a close game but don't think it's likely. 

20 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I looked at our remaining schedule and I don't think there is a sure win left on it.  I think (hope) we will win a few games out of the last 12 but there isn't a game left that I can point to and say, "That one should be in the bag".  In fact, I think there is a real possibility of only winning 3 more games this year.

We need to start getting some actual W's against the upper tier teams and stringing some wins together.  There is not any more room for moral victories this year.

I agree.  We aren't going to lose out, but at the same time, I don't have a single game circled with the expectation of a win.

33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Think it's the nachos. I'm hungry now. I just can't see us blowing any good team up. I think we can win a close game but don't think it's likely. 

There is nothing that makes me think we would or could, but we have been such head scratchers the last few years because it would make no logical sense for us to blow out Iowa, it would happen.

And the nachos were really good. 👍😁

12 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

There is nothing that makes me think we would or could, but we have been such head scratchers the last few years because it would make no logical sense for us to blow out Iowa, it would happen.

And the nachos were really good. 👍😁

Did you make the nachos or buy. We have a new food truck in town that has great pork nachos but I want to make my own

Imo 2 keys to a win

1) extend out to the arc and switch well, reassert the D the team was showing earlier (B1G teams adjusted) -- good switching should prevent the open 3's we keep seeing

2) Use our own 3-point shooting DEPTH, and yes we do have some depth, use Hunter and Leal, don't overuse AF or Al from the arc, diversify the offensive attack

If there's a third, to me it's Rob bringing his aggressive offensive game, to go with his D.

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Imo 2 keys to a win

1) extend out to the arc and switch well, reassert the D the team was showing earlier (B1G teams adjusted) -- good switching should prevent the open 3's we keep seeing

2) Use our own 3-point shooting DEPTH, and yes we do have some depth, use Hunter and Leal, don't overuse AF or Al from the arc, diversify the offensive attack

If there's a third, to me it's Rob bringing his aggressive offensive game, to go with his D.

As far as the last part, I think Rob has to commit to going to the basket... especially if Bohannon is on him...

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

On the road vs a top 5 team that is also playing extremely well at the moment? I'll watch but I'm not expecting much. Problem is because of our two home losses we've got to steal a couple on the road at some point...just don't think it will be tonight.

Iowa 85

IU 71

DVR for me tonight. IU wins? I'll watch. If they lose? Oh well....

Apathy is setting in,,,,  🤥

Same feeling as the Wisconsin game. There is nothing that would suggest this is a winnable game. Of course, IU should have won that Wisconsin game, so there is hope.

Here is the breakdown...

- Iowa has multiple bigs that can play and get significant minutes. IU has TJD, Race, and not even a chance to pray for rain. The size advantage is all Iowa and it's not even close.

- Iowa has four players shooting over 40% from three point land (one of them is over 50%) and each of them has hit between 23 - 39 total threes. IU has Armaan at 42% and he has hit a total of 20 threes for the seasons. Keep in mind he may not be completely healthy the rest of the season per Archie.

- Iowa averages 41 rebounds a game to IU's 35.

- Iowa turns it over less, creates more steals, and dominates assists based on averages per game. 

- It's at Iowa

On paper this should not be close, but if IU can find a way to win it will go a long way toward punching a ticket to the big dance. 

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Rob has a strong hesitation move on drives, when he drives, he's good

I don't know if Bardo is doing the game tonight, but if he is, he'll go on his "Phinisee rant" as always.

He always says Rob is quick and strong enough to make a huge difference in the game driving the ball..

10 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Same feeling as the Wisconsin game. There is nothing that would suggest this is a winnable game. Of course, IU should have won that Wisconsin game, so there is hope.

Here is the breakdown...

- Iowa has multiple bigs that can play and get significant minutes. IU has TJD, Race, and not even a chance to pray for rain. The size advantage is all Iowa and it's not even close.

- Iowa has four players shooting over 40% from three point land (one of them is over 50%) and each of them has hit between 23 - 39 total threes. IU has Armaan at 42% and he has hit a total of 20 threes for the seasons. Keep in mind he may not be completely healthy the rest of the season per Archie.

- Iowa averages 41 rebounds a game to IU's 35.

- Iowa turns it over less, creates more steals, and dominates assists based on averages per game. 

- It's at Iowa

On paper this should not be close, but if IU can find a way to win it will go a long way toward punching a ticket to the big dance. 

So you're saying there's a chance!?

Archived