Iowa Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The Nunge kid for Iowa may be worth watching. Local kid down here in Newburgh and played HS ball at Castle.

He got hurt, then re-shirted and this is his real first year playing.  He is big, 6'11 but i think he is an outside threat form 3 or likes to be out there.  Not sure how athletic he is

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get out on their shooters and make them drive. Take away their strength.  If they beat you off the drive so be it but make the bet that they won’t do it enough.  

If Durham still isn’t bringing any fight or competitiveness, play Hunter with Rob and Franklin more but also play Leal and Galloway at the 2 and 3.  Nobody should ever be tired.  Use the depth.   

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Man, I don't follow betting lines, but we're only 10 point underdogs?  Honestly if we lose by 10 or less at #4 Iowa tonight, I would be impressed.  

I don't either just heard DD mention it and that he is taking IU, he said he thinks it's been a very long time we were that big of a dog in conference play. Idk. 

26 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Get out on their shooters and make them drive. Take away their strength.  If they beat you off the drive so be it but make the bet that they won’t do it enough.  

If Durham still isn’t bringing any fight or competitiveness, play Hunter with Rob and Franklin more but also play Leal and Galloway at the 2 and 3.  Nobody should ever be tired.  Use the depth.   

The bad thing is that Al is better defender than hunter.  WiesKamp will have his lunch.  So either offense or defense. We're in a tough spot here

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He got hurt, then re-shirted and this is his real first year playing.  He is big, 6'11 but i think he is an outside threat form 3 or likes to be out there.  Not sure how athletic he is

He is good enough to play at IU.  But, I think he committed to Iowa while Crean was still coach.

5 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

DVR for me tonight. IU wins? I'll watch. If they lose? Oh well....

Apathy is setting in,,,,  🤥

Not apathy for me, just can’t stand a 9pm start. We have a pretty strict 5pm work shutdown and beginning of cocktail hour (or two). I’m usually a couple beers in by 6 or so. A 9pm start just isn’t happening for me, especially when I expect pain. Lots of pain. 

I’ll watch on DVR tomorrow night if we pull out a victory. If we don’t I won’t waste my time. 

F9362F04-92F6-4D11-92C8-79290EB118F0.jpeg

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree, use your bench save some legs! 

Archived