Iowa Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ledies22 said:

Is PStew officially available? There is movement on Instagram that I perceive that he may be. Anyone know? 

Thought we were saving him for next year as a way to try and prop up our feeble '21 recruiting class. At least, that's how I interpreted all the nonsense about needing to "get him into game shape." 

I love Geno Auriemma UCONN coach, 'i said it game 1 we can't shoot, here we are game 9 and i'm still saying it, we can't shoot."

I would love to hear Archie say once we can't shoot instead of, we are getting open shots all we have to do is make some. I would have much more respect for Archie if he did.

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I love Geno Auriemma UCONN coach, 'i said it game 1 we can't shoot, here we are game 9 and i'm still saying it, we can't shoot."

I would love to hear Archie say once we can't shoot instead of, we are getting open shots all we have to do is make some. I would have much more respect for Archie if he did.

Why does it matter what he says to the media/fans about shooting? 

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Yep. Bashing players without the benefit of a dozen national titles is always a way to get kids. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's not the only one. My 7 miles a day is catching up. Tried everything. Back injuries suck. Let's watch Leal and Geronimo fill in nicely tonight. 

Sorry to hear that. I have a slightly tilted pelvis which causes my back to get out of line....the cure is exercise and a strong core for those muscles to keep things in line...the problem is exercise is extremely painful afterwards thus a difficult cycle.

Before I found out my problem I discussed with doctor and the first thing was to check my feet because a lot of back problems originate from there. Know a few people with even some simple feet and arch supports have changed their lives. I’m sure you have identified your issues but figure I’d share my experience. Good luck and hope for a healthy life for you!

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Bashing players without the benefit of a dozen national titles is always a way to get kids. 

Painter was pretty dang honest with the media involving Haarms and Eastern leaving and putting them on blast and it sure hasn’t hurt his recruiting. I might not handle it that way either but I think what people want to hear is Archie to admit what we all see as a problem. I don’t think he is in denial...I think he knows what our problems are but others want to hear him say it...like you can’t fix what you won’t admit.

2 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Not apathy for me, just can’t stand a 9pm start. We have a pretty strict 5pm work shutdown and beginning of cocktail hour (or two). I’m usually a couple beers in by 6 or so. A 9pm start just isn’t happening for me, especially when I expect pain. Lots of pain. 

I’ll watch on DVR tomorrow night if we pull out a victory. If we don’t I won’t waste my time. 

F9362F04-92F6-4D11-92C8-79290EB118F0.jpeg

Love it.  Not that I love what is about to happen, but great quote!

48 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Thought we were saving him for next year as a way to try and prop up our feeble '21 recruiting class. At least, that's how I interpreted all the nonsense about needing to "get him into game shape." 

You do realize that guys actually do need to get in game shape before they play right. Especially when he hasn’t played since February 27th. That’s the reason every league has a practice period before game start. It has nothing to do with the 2021 recruiting class.

Archived