Jump to content

CBB HoF honors IU team


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dont care how many championships UCLA won, obviously the 76 team ran the table.  

There isnt one UCLA team that could beat that IU 76 team. The only other team that could beat the 76 IU team is the 75 team. They were really that good. 

 

Looks like maybe Gonzaga or Baylor could do it this year?

Hope not....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why is that because those teams win out and win  the tournament they will play more games than the 76 team did.

Because they dont play in the B1G. An argument could be made for Baylor because the Big 12 isnt a cakewalk, but Gonzaga plays in a very weak conference.  They have made it to the championship game 1 time. 

Do you really think either of these teams could beat out 75/76 Hoosiers?  

This year needs an asterisk, and I would say the same If IU got #6. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Because they dont play in the B1G. An argument could be made for Baylor because the Big 12 isnt a cakewalk, but Gonzaga plays in a very weak conference.  They have made it to the championship game 1 time. 

Do you really think either of these teams could beat out 75/76 Hoosiers?  

This year needs an asterisk, and I would say the same If IU got #6. 

 

 

 

Would you have said the same thing if ISU won it in 79.  Gonzaga plays a tough non conference schedule and to me going undefeated is a great feat no matter what conference you are in.  You still have to win 6 straight games in the tournament and at least 5 of those team will be a very good team.

No I don't think any of these teas would beat the 75/76 team and they wouldn't even be in the top 20 in the 80's and 90's.  But what these teams are doing today has nothing to do with how they would have done when college basketball and the product we see was far superior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Would you have said the same thing if ISU won it in 79.  Gonzaga plays a tough non conference schedule and to me going undefeated is a great feat no matter what conference you are in.  You still have to win 6 straight games in the tournament and at least 5 of those team will be a very good team.

No I don't think any of these teas would beat the 75/76 team and they wouldn't even be in the top 20 in the 80's and 90's.  But what these teams are doing today has nothing to do with how they would have done when college basketball and the product we see was far superior.

I really dont know about today. And alot of that was before my time.

But no I wouldn't say the same thing about ISU and Larry Bird.  I've met the man. What Bird did at ISU is legendary.  And I wish they beat Magic Johnson and MSU. 

Nobody could have accomplished what Larry Bird did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I really dont know about today. And alot of that was before my time.

But no I wouldn't say the same thing about ISU and Larry Bird.  I've met the man. What Bird did at ISU is legendary.  And I wish they beat Magic Johnson and MSU. 

Nobody could have accomplished what Larry Bird did. 

The thing is that none of these teams today will not matchup with the great teams of the past.  So what you are saying that any champions going forward will need to have an asterisk.

Edited by IU Scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that none of these teams today will not matchup with the great teams of the past.  So what you are saying that any champions going forward will need to have an asterisk.

I'm just saying what Larry Bird accomplished

 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that none of these teams today will not matchup with the great teams of the past.  So what you are saying that any champions going forward will need to have an asterisk.

Yes,  at least in the Covid era. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...