2022 OG DJ Moore Commits to Indiana

thirdgenhoosier

16 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

With Wyatt and Moore, that’s two big league road graders in two days. Love, love, love seeing additions like that. 

Edit: and I hope Allen gave food services a heads up. Those boys look hungry, literally and figuratively.

I have a Grand Caravan and I picked up 4 linemen the other day. one guy couldnt get in the 3rd row he was so big. We have size now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Thanks!  Used to play PAL games at Snider years ago.  Moore has the physical tools, and will have good technique and work habits going through Snider's program.

When some people hear "Snider" they think of Rod Woodson or perhaps Vaughn Dunbar.  Me?  I think of Russ Isaacs.

• Like 2

“The unique thing about him is his athleticism for as big as he is. He’s a really, really good athlete. He has great feet. He bends, which is always a big measuring stick for a big guy, an offensive linemen. He bends his knees and hips like a DB."

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-commit-dj-moore-combines-size-with-athleticism-to-be-a-dominant-blocker/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Absolutely.  And don't forget Mike Hawley. That program has had great leadership and really kept their tradition and principles strong for decades. Quite impressive. 

I think, "F" Snider. When I was in school, they were our biggest rivals. Them and Dwenger. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Northrup?

I went to North Side. Although South Side are our "arch rivals" (pun intended),  our biggest games in almost all sports were against Snider and Dwenger. Primarily because of proximity and having friends/people you knew who went to those schools. Concordia too, but their football team was never great. Northrop was a bit inconsistent and not very close (relative). It's much different these days because of the changing demographics and being able to choose (basically) where you want to go to school. North Side has really been impacted in a negative way by people moving away from the older neighborhoods. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I went to North Side. Although South Side are our "arch rivals" (pun intended),  our biggest games in almost all sports were against Snider and Dwenger. Primarily because of proximity and having friends/people you knew who went to those schools. Concordia too, but their football team was never great. Northrop was a bit inconsistent and not very close (relative). It's much different these days because of the changing demographics and being able to choose (basically) where you want to go to school. North Side has really been impacted in a negative way by people moving away from the older neighborhoods. 

I remember the Snider/North game with Vaughan Dunbar. Both undefeated,  and they had to bring in extra bleachers for the crowd. Great football.

46 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

What year did you graduate?

• 4 months later...
On 7/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, iuswingman said:

Everyone knows you don't put lineman in the 3rd row..that's where the punter goes.

I did pick up the punter after the last home loss. He was bitching Michigan had 100,000 fans for the game against us while we only had 7,000 or 8,000 at our home game. I asked him if he knew the difference between the 2. I said no one wants to watch 0-8 conference football teams play.