Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay!! Won by 12...scored 50 in the second half! Held the best offense in the country to 69 points (which still isn’t bad but they average way more) Now if they can just figure out a way to bottle up this lightning for the rest of the season, that’d be great. No more let down games!

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

Phinisee doing his Yogi-lite impression is also huge for this team

Phinisee has great lift in his jump shot. I’ve described it before as being textbook and it really is. Leals shot is great also and to me resembles Jordys form and release. Phinisee is really getting up there on his jumpers

I was dead wrong. Didn't see a win as likely tonight. The defense was for the most part exceptional. Rob played like a winner. Bench players stepped up. Coaching through foul trouble was amazing. Some poor decisions here and there and fouling late is beyond frustrating. Free throws just garbage.  Still, you beat a strong Iowa team on their court. Huge win.

I don't mean this to be negative, but imagine what vibe and record looks like if we pulled out the OT games at FSU and at Wisconsin? We'd be 11-4 with road wins at FSU, Wisconsin and Iowa. 

Before someone chimes in, yes I know we've won some close games too that could have gone the other way as well. 

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I like my crow with A1 or Heins 57.  Great win as i mentioned in the game thread.  Our defense allowed for us to get more shots and we hit them when we needed.  Something we haven't done often.  This team is an enigma to me but i will take wins when we get them.  Rutgers, next up.

Totally agreed ....if we shoot consistently that could be a regular performance for us because we have the defensive talent and athleticism ...hope we bring it every night cause that’s fun to watch 

Just now, BGleas said:

I don't mean this to be negative, but imagine what vibe and record looks like if we pulled out the OT games at FSU and at Wisconsin? We'd be 11-4 with road wins at FSU, Wisconsin and Iowa. 

Before someone chimes in, yes I know we've won some close games too that could have gone the other way as well. 

Mentioned in earlier thread but was shot down by the usual suspects. Doesn't matter tonight. Awesome win for the good guys.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great win and very happy to be so wrong about this game.  I thought Archie did a great job dealing with foul trouble all game and got a big lift from Geronimo.  We should give IUFLA the love today because he was the only one that stuck with Archie and this team.

I’m not necessarily sold after a big win or a big loss either way but I’ll say you’re correct ....arch does have a knack for it , he picks This game to give Geronimo his heavy minutes and he shines ....picked leal to suddenly throw into heavy minutes at Wisconsin and he looked great ...arch finds spots for guys to be successful 

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’m not necessarily sold after a big win or a big loss either way but I’ll say you’re correct ....arch does have a knack for it , he picks This game to give Geronimo his heavy minutes and he shines ....picked leal to suddenly throw into heavy minutes at Wisconsin and he looked great ...arch finds spots for guys to be successful 

If only some of us mentioned Leal and Geronimo in the pregame thread.

Archived