Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A game like this is why I never stop watching IU basketball.  After last game there was a post of what we would be doing at 9PM on 1/21 and I said watching IU like I always do.

Scott.  Once again, that whole thread was intended to be tongue in cheek to help relieve some of the tension on the board.  We can all post scores and play by play, and have a boring board.  Or, we can try and have a little fun.  

If we play this hard every game we will be in it. Our Defense is not bad overall. We just get lazy at times. Run the offense to get good shots like tonight and we are more likely to make them. I tell my high school freshman daughter every game. If you play smart basketball and work hard on defense and rebounding the game will be much easier. After that talk tonight she had no points. 7 rebounds. 5 steals and 2 assists. And won by twelve. Not saying that is a recipe but hard work usually pays off. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Good adjustments made in second half. Al hitting free throws was clutch. Still unreal we missed 20 ft but very impressed with last 12 minutes. That 5 game stretch has 3 games at home and winnable at NW. big stretch for us if we go 3-2. Great effort tonite guys, just shore up the FT. 

I think Archie needs to bring in a free throw guru coach for a practice or two and see if something can be fixed.

2 minutes ago, Candystripes_56 said:

So, it begs the question, what does our rotation look like with Trey Galloway? The last few games our offense hasn’t moved the best with him, and kills us when they back off of him... love the guy and what he has done this year already, but do we win tonight with him playing heavy minutes? Thoughts? 

Very good question.. I think we still win as long as he isn't taking any three point shots..

1 minute ago, Candystripes_56 said:

So, it begs the question? What does our rotation look like with Trey Galloway? The last few games out offense hasn’t moved the best with him, and kills us as they back off of him... love the guy and what he has done this year already, but do we win tonight with him playing heavy minutes? Thoughts? 

Arch seems to have him Pegged as the favorite ALL AROUND freshman but to your point I think arch ( Even though I’ve been hard on him this year ) ,showed in the Wisconsin game where he took a little used leal and played him most of galloways minutes and then a little used Geronimo tonight and played him big minutes, he has a knack for picking good spots to lend to success or let the freshman rise to the occasion those were great confidence builders for those two and will pay huge dividends next year 

I think this was pretty clearly the best win of Archie's tenure and it was a pretty clear contrast to the Purdue game, but the question is which team is the real Indiana basketball team?

When I look at how we played tonight, in Madison, in Tallahassee, and in Champaign I tend to think we have a really tough team that can beat anyone on any given night and the Purdue game (and probably NU) was an abberation. 

I said after Purdue that if we lost to Purdue again and missed the tournament I would be okay with moving on, and I meant it, but I also think when you dig into this team it's yet another step forward this year and a team that should be a really tough out as a 7ish seed. 

This team and this program and slowly but steadily heading in the right direction IMO. 

Archived