Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Leal is a person who I wish he had the confidence of Lander. I thought after his game against Wisconsin he would shoot more and become more aggressive and he’s still the same. He shouldn’t be because he is the one player who when we are trailing by 6 or 7 should be in the game and Archie says to him before entering the game. Leal get open and shoot. Don’t hesitate. 

Leal HAS to shoot more! It's on Archie to run sets for him to get open.. when he's not shooting at all he doesn't add anything to the team to be brutally honest. 

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

I also found out I have Covid today and now Indiana wins to lift my spirits. So the real question is... whose gonna are up on here and get it Sunday so we can get another win. 😂

I hope you feel alright and from a person who has had it twice just hang in there

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe having that week off and the MSU being cancelled was a blessing

It definitely was. Having a long layoff after a game like Purdue gives the team a chance to work on things and decide how they're going to respond; some teams fold after a long layoff coming off of a stinker, ours didn't. 

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Leal HAS to shoot more! It's on Archie to run sets for him to get open.. when he's not shooting at all he doesn't add anything to the team to be brutally honest. 

I think Leal has a solid all around game.  Great court awareness.

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Leal is a person who I wish he had the confidence of Lander. I thought after his game against Wisconsin he would shoot more and become more aggressive and he’s still the same. He shouldn’t be because he is the one player who when we are trailing by 6 or 7 should be in the game and Archie says to him before entering the game. Leal get open and shoot. Don’t hesitate. 

Give it time.  The dude is going to be a killer once the rest of the game slows down with a little experience. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

It definitely was. Having a long layoff after a game like Purdue gives the team a chance to work on things and decide how they're going to respond; some teams fold after a long layoff coming off of a stinker, ours didn't. 

We could go undefeated if we have every other game cancelled

Just now, 5fouls said:

I think Leal has a solid all around game.  Great court awareness.

I agree with both of you ....he had a winners mentality too but I think he’s right he has to see a shot go in to kick his aggression in if he’s lost in the shuffle or missing he doesn’t seem to make impact elsewhere as much ( limited observation )

4 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I agree he absolutely has to shoot more. There are times where he could shoot but he’s just not quite there yet on confidence level that no one can stop him.

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Too me, he was most likely going to get another year

Even though I don't think he deserves another year automatically.. there is no doubt Dolson will give him another year.. only thing that is going to save his job in my opinion is if we make the tournament.. otherwise if we don't I think Dolson needs to take a long hard look at some other options.. 

I have been down on this team and coach for a reason. The effort put into this game has been missing most of the season. Shown flashes but not 40 mins. you can miss shots and over come a lot with effort. See free throws tonight....Now that we have seen what this team can do with 40 mins of effort no more excuses to get it done. One game at a time with all out effort!!

Archived