Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope you feel alright and from a person who has had it twice just hang in there

Thanks buddy. So my wife has it worse than me and lost her smell but luckily still has taste. She’s had nausea, migraines, etc I’ve only had the coughing congestion a little fatigue and what I equal to a sinus headache where it’s in the back of your head.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

He's playing better defensively yes but it's not like he's guarding the other teams best players.. he's in there to shoot the ball and knock down threes. 

Did you watch him during extended minutes vs Wisconsin?  He repeatedly hot switched off onto their bigs with ball screens and held his own down low while giving up 4-5 inches.  I think he does more than shoot the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I don't agree.. one game doesn't save anything. This ball club could easily come out and lose the next four for all we know.. I think it's fair to say that they are incredibly inconsistent. 

I don't. I think we've played 2-3 stinkers and have been mostly the same team as year besides that

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

I have been down on this team and coach for a reason. The effort put into this game has been missing most of the season. Shown flashes but not 40 mins. you can miss shots and over come a lot with effort. See free throws tonight....Now that we have seen what this team can do with 40 mins of effort no more excuses to get it done. One game at a time with all out effort!!

Great post 

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Thanks buddy. So my wife has it worse than me and lost her smell but luckily still has taste. She’s had nausea, migraines, etc I’ve only had the coughing congestion a little fatigue and what I equal to a sinus headache where it’s in the back of your head.

I didn't lose my taste the first time but did the second time.  I went to the doctor today because I am still having  some problems with breathing and my chest is aching.

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I have been down on this team and coach for a reason. The effort put into this game has been missing most of the season. Shown flashes but not 40 mins. you can miss shots and over come a lot with effort. See free throws tonight....Now that we have seen what this team can do with 40 mins of effort no more excuses to get it done. One game at a time with all out effort!!

I agree but you can only coach max effort to a point. These kids have to decide they WANT to give full effort. A perfect example is of our 8 turnovers 2 was from Jerome Hunter passes. The first one was such a lazy pass. Those small things honestly can be coached but if the player isn’t paying attention to detail then the coach can only do so much. Excellence is exceeding other people’s expectations and these kids are on scholarship and kids dream of having that and these kids should stop taking it for granted and strive to be excellent every day. Purdue beats us year in and year out because this rivalry means more to them. They will themselves to victory where as we play timid. Tonight we didn’t play timid we played aggressive and smart. We exceeded expectations so tonight we were Excellent.

I'm going to go ahead and say it.. and I'm sure many will disagree.. but if this season doesn't end up turning out well and we don't make the tourney.. Archie needs canned.. and we need to bring a former player back who truly knows what Indiana basketball is about.. my pick is Steve Alford.. I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.. 

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it.. and I'm sure many will disagree.. but if this season doesn't end up turning out well and we don't make the tourney.. Archie needs canned.. and we need to bring a former player back who truly knows what Indiana basketball is about.. my pick is Steve Alford.. I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.. 

Poor timing

Archived