Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

51 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Well crap.. if y’all feel that strongly about it then I’ll take your word for it.. like I said I hope this team gets it together and I want major success.. if little Arch can turn it around then I would be very happy to keep him.. but he has a lot of ground the make up! Guess we’ll see how the rest of this season plays out. 

You sure sound like DD when you called him Little Archie

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

23 year olds are allowed to have opinions too. 

Not about the history of IU basketball since he wasn't around to se it.  He comes on here putting a damper on this big win and telling us about the next coach needs to understand IU.  Nobody is saying last nights win means that we turned it around but it would be nice to have one day to rejoice in a win.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not about the history of IU basketball since he wasn't around to se it.  He comes on here putting a damper on this big win and telling us about the next coach needs to understand IU.  Nobody is saying last nights win means that we turned it around but it would be nice to have one day to rejoice in a win.

How old do we need to set as a requirement to have an opinion?

Come on Scott. This place is built on differing opinions, and being able to debate those opinions. 

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So our defense gets blamed when a team hits their shots but don't get any credit when teams miss.

No, anyone making that argument is not being fair.  I have been down on Miller but that team played its (butt) off on defense last night.  They had played fairly well on that side of the ball most of the game but around the 12 minute mark of the second half, we took our defense up another gear and it just broke Iowa.  You could tell they were tired and our guys were unrelenting the whole game.

Last night is what I was hoping for when Miller first got here.  If we saw that more regularly, I would not have any complaints....well, except foul shooting.  We should have beat them by 20.

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So our defense gets blamed when a team hits their shots but don't get any credit when teams miss.

Agree. We were successful in not allowing to get comfortable because starting around the second half we started to close out with purpose and put a lot of pressure on the ball handlers. We also did a good job at disguising our help on Garza, which is what started to throw him off. (Rob came out of nowhere to rip the ball out of Garza’s hands on that one play....that was awesome)

However, the announcer had a good point about the pack line last night. Allowing shooters to catch the ball comfortably goes a long way for their shooting confidence. Teams shooting well against us in B1G play is not a coincidence; we’ve allowed them to get comfortable. 

That said, our guards did great defensively last night and that impacted Iowa’s poor shooting. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Kind of funny ain't it?  

I thought the defensive pressure from the Hoosiers was fabulous.  

Cool video here from a national analyst breaking down some of the defensive rotations last night.

The packline’s tendency to allow us to get lit up from three has been one of my biggest gripes about Archie, but last night definitely wasn’t a case of Iowa just having an off shooting night.  The rotations and pressure on the ball were fantastic — didn’t see many defensive breakdowns leading to open looks from three like we do a lot of the time.

I still question how sustainable the packline philosophy is over the course of an entire season, but it was executed to perfection last night.

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Cool video here from a national analyst breaking down some of the defensive rotations last night.

The packline’s tendency to allow us to get lit up from three has been one of my biggest gripes about Archie, but last night definitely wasn’t a case of Iowa just having an off shooting night.  The rotations and pressure on the ball were fantastic — didn’t see many defensive breakdowns leading to open looks from three like we do a lot of the time.

I still question how sustainable the packline philosophy is over the course of an entire season, but it was executed to perfection last night.

Exactly what I was hoping to see, and the meltdown against PU may (glass half full guy here) prove to be blessing in disguise as it caused CAM to address it

Archived