Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

23 year olds are allowed to have opinions too. 

I beg to differ

Definition of twenty-three

(Entry 1 of 3)

: An age where one is not allowed to have an opinion...  see TABLE OF NUMBERS

Definition of twenty-three

(Entry 2 of 3)

: The number of his cousins that @bluegrassIU has dated over the years... see TABLE OF NUMBERS

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t think Franklin had a particularly good game. The last three minutes of the game he looked like it was to fast for him. If I remember right two turn overs and twice fouled to stop the clock! 
He also look unhappy with Al when he didn’t pass it to him with a minute are so to go. 
Did anyone else pick up on that?

2 hours ago, rico said:

Kind of funny ain't it?  

I thought the defensive pressure from the Hoosiers was fabulous.  

An outstanding performance offensively, defensively and coaching. Excellent use of the roster and real focus and energy.

The only negative was free throw shooting. We would have probably 3 fewer losses if we were a decent free throw shooting team.

Last night was a great night to be a Hoosier. I want more of those kind of nights.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Not about the history of IU basketball since he wasn't around to se it.  He comes on here putting a damper on this big win and telling us about the next coach needs to understand IU.  Nobody is saying last nights win means that we turned it around but it would be nice to have one day to rejoice in a win.

I was not around for most of the wars our country fought in nor there to see the writer the Declaration of Independence or our Constitution but I guarantee I can speak pretty accurately about those things. 

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know what to say/do/what can be done about our FT's.  Hopefully they get continually better through the rest of the season.

My Mom bought me a pair of Big O tennis shoes when I was about 10. On the box top there were 10 tips on how to be a better basketball player. One said, when shooting free throws, line the ball up so you can barely see the rim over it, then push the ball over the rim...

Made me a pretty good FT shooter...

If I could only find some of those box tops...

😉

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was not around for most of the wars our country fought in nor there to see the writer the Declaration of Independence or our Constitution but I guarantee I can speak pretty accurately about those things. 

That reminds me of the time that I was out West with Lewis & Clark.  Good times.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My Mom bought me a pair of Big O tennis shoes when I was about 10. On the box top there were 10 tips on how to be a better basketball player. One said, when shooting free throws, line the ball up so you can barely see the rim over it, then push the ball over the rim...

Made me a pretty good FT shooter...

If I could only find some of those box tops...

😉

I got the same shoes. The only problem was I couldn't read. LOL

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Oh yeah?  Answer this then.  What Confederate General ordered the bombing of Pearl Harbor during the Revolutionary War?

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

No, anyone making that argument is not being fair.  I have been down on Miller but that team played its (butt) off on defense last night.  They had played fairly well on that side of the ball most of the game but around the 12 minute mark of the second half, we took our defense up another gear and it just broke Iowa.  You could tell they were tired and our guys were unrelenting the whole game.

Last night is what I was hoping for when Miller first got here.  If we saw that more regularly, I would not have any complaints....well, except foul shooting.  We should have beat them by 20.

Completely agree. I've said numerous times over the last 4 years that I believe Archie has it to be "the guy". I've also wavered (including over the last week) several times and have said the wins, the identity and the culture really need to start coming. 

But my big gripe has been not seeing who I thought Archie was. I thought he was going to bring a tough as nails approach. A team who adopted his identity and had an identity. Something like MSU, Wisconsin, Virginia, etc. 

I understand that takes time to build, but I was growing frustrated. 

With all of that said, last night wss the Archie Miller led team I thought we were getting from the start, want us to have long term, and think we can still have.

Last night was only one game, but if he can get this team to build on that and finally buy into his culture, then I'll be really happy and he can be the coach for a long time. 

The team needs to make sure to capitalize on this. 

Two thoughts/opinions:

1) There are defensive systems that are better than others, but no system is any good if the players don't bring the intensity and commitment. We saw that intensity last night for a long stretch of time. It seemed the game turned completely in our favor when Trayce and Race were out with 4 fouls each at about the 8 minute mark. I could be wrong about the details, but I think we went from 3-5 down to being up by 7-8.  Iowa had a huge size advantage, but could not score. The guys were playing with great intensity and focus.

2) This team goes as Rob goes. Change my mind.

17 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it.. and I'm sure many will disagree.. but if this season doesn't end up turning out well and we don't make the tourney.. Archie needs canned.. and we need to bring a former player back who truly knows what Indiana basketball is about.. my pick is Steve Alford.. I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.. 

This is literally the worst take on this long thread. If a piece of trash like Alford ever takes the realm of IU, that will be my last IU game. We are better than that. Talk about living in the past.

I just watched the game on DVR and that second half was masterful. Iowa was confused and IU took advantage. So great to see Jeronimo coming into his own and us hitting free throws at the end. I didn’t expect a victory or even a close game, but happy  to be proved wrong. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. I've said numerous times over the last 4 years that I believe Archie has it to be "the guy". I've also wavered (including over the last week) several times and have said the wins, the identity and the culture really need to start coming. 

But my big gripe has been not seeing who I thought Archie was. I thought he was going to bring a tough as nails approach. A team who adopted his identity and had an identity. Something like MSU, Wisconsin, Virginia, etc. 

I understand that takes time to build, but I was growing frustrated. 

With all of that said, last night wss the Archie Miller led team I thought we were getting from the start, want us to have long term, and think we can still have.

Last night was only one game, but if he can get this team to build on that and finally buy into his culture, then I'll be really happy and he can be the coach for a long time. 

The team needs to make sure to capitalize on this. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f09e021754a4cb4103

Archived