Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Is that the most confident IU has been offensively against a good team in Archie's tenure. From the start everyone looked free and played offense with purpose. 

Especially Phinissee, as you mentioned. He hit some really big ones and played completely under control. The intelligence too to press up and get an easy steal and bucket during the last minute was great basketball.

what a difference one game cam make . Ok that was an awful pun 🤣

Rob being aggressive offensively is really important for this team. 

I thought we’d need better perimeter balance, getting Hunter and Leal involved, but it was Geronimo and Leal tonight — and Geronimo showed he’s not the raw player some thought he was, kid.showed tonight, great promise in his game. 

Race has been too quiet imo offensively but 4 assists was good to see from him 

I thought our offensive balance is still off, but seeing Leal and Geronimo’s contributions bodes well 

Great win however you slice it 

It just seems like this IU team plays more comfortable on the road than they do at home.  In all the true road games I thought they played pretty well despite losing 3 road games.  I know this year is different because of no fans but a thome they don't seem to come out and play with as much emotion.

I also think it’s important to mention that this is some of the best basketball Lander had played in an Indiana uniform. He didn’t take any wild shots, played within the offense and held his own on defense. He also got his minutes in the 2nd half and I think earned a longer leash in the next game. 

1 minute ago, madmax said:

I don’t think I can express how shocked I am. Our only post player was Geronimo for many minutes in the second half against arguably the best post player in the nation and we came back and built a lead. Mind blowing. 

Good point there ....but on that  topic ....I’ve watched Garza quite a few times now and he’s never struck me as a nimble fellow ...but did he look kinda EXTRA labored/plodding / insert whatever term you want tonight to anyone else ?!? I found myself having a clear understanding of the nba reluctance ....

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

I also think it’s important to mention that this is some of the best basketball Lander had played in an Indiana uniform. He didn’t take any wild shots, played within the offense and held his own on defense. He also got his minutes in the 2nd half and I think earned a longer leash in the next game. 

First game I don’t remember him making in glaring mistakes 

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Hopefully rebuild some confidence ...good experience at his age 

Archived