Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

Bohannon was 0-9 from the field and didn't score - wow.  That was Al's man most of the game right?

Good call ...not just that he went 0 for’ ......but also the fact that he’s generally an iu killer ...always makes a scrappy play or hits a big shot in crunch time ...he was made a non factor

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I'm just seeing a lot of optimism on this board after one big win.. I hope no one on here gets their hopes up or heart broken if this team decides to lay a few eggs over the next two weeks. I hope it doesn't happen but not getting too ahead of myself with this team and Archie at the realm. 

yeah, we  should stick to our strong suit on this board... overreacting after every loss!

You know, I had a feeling they were going to win this game... Seems like over the last few years the team has been able pull out big midseason wins just when everyone starts saying they’re finished.

Really impressive win.  To still win by double digits missing that many free throws... and having TJD and Thompson pick up 4 fouls with 10 minutes left... Pretty unbelievable honestly.  Freshmen making nice contributions, and a good game for the upperclassmen guards.  Totally locked Iowa up in the second half.  Big win for the tournament resume.

12 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I'm just seeing a lot of optimism on this board after one big win.. I hope no one on here gets their hopes up or heart broken if this team decides to lay a few eggs over the next two weeks. I hope it doesn't happen but not getting too ahead of myself with this team and Archie at the realm. 

It's honestly hard to take someone seriously that wants someone like Alford at IU. What's attractive about him? Is it the mediocre resume or the fact that he sides with rapists?

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I also see a lot of pessimism after any loss. Nobody's saying Archie is god all of a sudden. But that was an impressive win on the road, against a legit top 5 team, when they needed it most. So f*ck it. Enjoy the win for a night. 

28 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's honestly hard to take someone seriously that wants someone like Alford at IU. What's attractive about him? Is it the mediocre resume or the fact that he sides with rapists?

10 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I also see a lot of pessimism after any loss. Nobody's saying Archie is god all of a sudden. But that was an impressive win, against a legit top 5 team, when they needed it most. So f*uck it. Enjoy the win for a night. 

As with any healthy debate ...you all make excellent points ....I think arch has dug a bit of a hole he needs to dig out of and his fate isn’t something can be evaluated on a single game good or bad and ....one thing I would hope we all agree on ...when our kids play line a true iu team ....what we all grew up on ....we should all put away the swords and enjoy it regardless of our position.  Tonight was vintage iu and so much fun to see let’s not ruin that with words till we need to 🤗

41 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it.. and I'm sure many will disagree.. but if this season doesn't end up turning out well and we don't make the tourney.. Archie needs canned.. and we need to bring a former player back who truly knows what Indiana basketball is about.. my pick is Steve Alford.. I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.. 

Can't even enjoy a win without negativity

36 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

So where were you after the Purdue game and this whole week.  Everyone on here was very upset and questioning Archie.  Just think we could enjoy a win and not have a negative tone.

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

3rd road win against an AP top-5 opponent in school history.  2-35 all-time on the road vs AP top-5 teams. Those going in that thought we would win let these numbers sink in. Not to mention how this team has played lately. For you @Hoosierhoopsterlol.:coffee:

I'm sure you wouldn't post this if it wasn't, but is this true? That's a wild stat. 

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

3rd road win against an AP top-5 opponent in school history.  2-35 all-time on the road vs AP top-5 teams. Those going in that thought we would win let these numbers sink in. Not to mention how this team has played lately. For you @Hoosierhoopsterlol.:coffee:

Funny Rico literally asked this exact question earlier ....

3 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

50% from charity stripe vs a top 4 team at home??  Not sure what to think about this win but maybe its a building block for the rest of the season?  Nah, we got lucky to shoot less than 50% from the charity stripe plus Bohannon laying a big goose egg!!!  Went from Archie should be fired to maybe this is a turning stone??  Nah, Archie should be fired lol just kidding

3 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

LOL, yes get a big win and completely lay an egg the very next game!!!  IMO, we got very lucky Iowa shot very poorly and I dont think it had anything to do with our poor D?

6 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it.. and I'm sure many will disagree.. but if this season doesn't end up turning out well and we don't make the tourney.. Archie needs canned.. and we need to bring a former player back who truly knows what Indiana basketball is about.. my pick is Steve Alford.. I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.. 

Is it asking to much to keep the "Fire Archie" posts in the "Fire Archie" thread?

If you lose to Rutgers this win mean nothing.  We are 9-6 now with 11 games to go, we got to get 5, maybe 6 wins at a min down the stretch.  That pushes us to say 14-12 with 5 wins, win a game or two in the Big Ten tourney and we move to say 16-13 while finishing at or dang close to .500 in conference play.  

While I was having my colonoscopy,  followed by vasectomy then my toe nails pulled out and all over body wax last night from 900-1100 I seemed to. Have missed something.  Want to share??

What a great win. That is what I am most of our fans expect because we believe that's what is capable.  Now we need to sustain it. I was talking with my father in law prior to the game and said we will see what this team is made of. There are 2 types of strong one is for show and the other is what you do when your back is against the wall and being strong is the only option. The latter one showed up last night. My biggest gripe the past 4 years is the inconsistencies and how to you beat #4 Iowa on the road and lose to NW at home. On to Rutgers and start a win streak.

I am critical when its needed but also give praise when deserved. Our Coach,  coached one heck of a ball game. Our experienced guards played great, the freshman were wonderful and give a lot of hope for future. AND TJD was his ususll all American self.

I don't gamble but if you do and listened to DD yesterday you won some money. He said no way IU loses by 10 and don't be surprised if they just win it.  In pregame thread I said I felt we could win but just needed to be able to close it our. Way to close it out guys!!

Archived