IU @ Iowa - Who is your MVP?

Reacher

I'm going Jordan Geronimo. IU was in a world of trouble, down midway through the 2nd with Race with 4 fouls, and Geronimo not only wasn't a negative, we cut the lead and took it with him in the game and making plays. 

Those were the most important, unexpected minutes. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I'm going Jordan Geronimo. IU was in a world of trouble, down midway through the 2nd with Race with 4 fouls, and Geronimo not only wasn't a negative, we cut the lead and took it with him in the game and making plays. 

The way he shut down Garza... I had flashbacks of Moye.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That's my choice, too.

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree - and he did that coming into a major game with having barely played. Seriously impressive 

It’s gotta be either Rob or Geronimo. I’d lean towards Geronimo because if you had told me that he would be guarding one of the best post players in the nation in Garza for extended stretches I would’ve told you we lost by 20. But on the other hand Rob was fantastic and exactly what you want out of an upperclassman guard. 

Lots of MVPs. My order: 1.The Freshman (all played a big part in the win)  2. Al  (hit a bunch of FTs at the end to seal it, great D.) 3. Rob (big shots, great D, his best game of the year) 4. Rest of the team (and I mean it, Franklin made big shots, Leal big one, Hunter played solid D, TJD and Race played through foul trouble and Trayce made some BIG time +1 buckets). Best team win all year. Hit FTs and they win by 20. 5. Archie. Good substituting. My only? Why take out JG when he was playing so well. But I get it. Take him out on a positive note. He called out their 3 point D and they shut down the best in the BIG. Call it luck, call it whatever, but they did it. He deserves credit. 

Archived