IU @ Iowa - Who is your MVP?

Reacher

I'll echo most and say Jordan and Rob both get it.

Rob played his best game of the year so far. He was confident with his shot, attacked the basket and was very solid on defense.

Jordan came in worked his tail off guarding Garza!!!   He's got a strong enough base that Garza couldnt push him around easy and was WAY faster and could work around and stay in front of Garza when he would have position.  For somebody that had struggled quite a bit so far to be able to tell him "That is YOUR guy.  Dont worry about switches.  Stay in his pocket and dont let him get the ball!" was a chance for Jordan to show everyone what he is capable of.

Obviously one of the toughest games ever to pick an MVP.  The point of this thread I would say!  Geronimo was such a lift (making me happy to be very wrong!).  TJD had big numbers.  RP was huge offensively.  Al going 9-10 from FT and playing well was also huge.  Team defense was possibly the MVP as well?  Hold Iowa to 69!?

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Archie...the way he navigated the foul issues...our young kids made some mistakes but they were prepared...I thought he coached a whale of a game...

This kind of win could be a season changer....

Is this FINALLY the Coach Miller and that "Dayton Style" we were hoping for? I love it and I hope it sticks! I like what he said in his post game interview with Don Fisher last night...."We can't be a one hit wonder, we have to be consistent!"

A couple of morning after thoughts (and yes I did watch it again this morning 😉...

Archie mentioned it in his post game, but Rob Phinisee was the reason Bohannon took the donut. Armaan was the reason Wieskamp only had 1 point in the second half. Can't discount the contribution of both on the defensive end...

I thought Anthony Leal's 3 to tie it at 53 was the biggest shot of the game for us...Once we got the lead a bit later, the color commentator (can't remember his name) said "Indiana stole Iowa's spirit."

And last, but certainly not least...Jordan Geronimo...Wow...He made some mistakes but the kid came to play, by God...He's gonna be a special player...

Hey, Jordan, enjoy this. Hope you saw it. And  I hope seeing stuff like this drives you to greater heights!

JG.PNG.9efe6993cfacd1cbaaa2c471d2121e1e.PNG

IU's problem that I see game in, game out, is the lack of a true PG.  When RP is on we are a really tough out.  When he isn't, we eat up the shot clock and rush shots due to lack of rhythm in the offensive sets.  He is the key to this team moving foward IMO.  Great player, but lacks consistency at times.  Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

😉 color commentator (can't remember his name) said "Indiana stole Iowa's spirit."

That was sweet.  Gotta say it's nice being on the given end of a demoralizing loss.  We have had a few over the last 5 years.  

I thought for sure the focus, effort, energy, and pure will was going to be there last week.  I hope the B1G schedules Purdue and IU in a back to back next year so after they steal our soul we come back with an inspired performance like last night.  

I’m going to go with Rob...first half his offense kept us in striking range...both halves his defense was spectacular on Bohannon. Obviously it’s a team effort but if Rob doesn’t play like big game Rob...if he is Purdue game Rob...we never are close and we never make that run because he was in Bohannons jock all game long....and what about that dig steal on Luka..just made key plays.

9 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Obviously one of the toughest games ever to pick an MVP.  The point of this thread I would say!  Geronimo was such a lift (making me happy to be very wrong!).  TJD had big numbers.  RP was huge offensively.  Al going 9-10 from FT and playing well was also huge.  Team defense was possibly the MVP as well?  Hold Iowa to 69!?

I've been waiting awhile to break out the MVP thread. Nice to be able to discuss the positive contributions of the various guys for a change. 

I love this thread!  Finally legit positives and well earned by the team.  I was impressed with Jordan, rob played great, TJD delivered, race stepped up.  Leal with a huge 3 bomb.  Al stepped up and iced the game with the made free throws.  

mostly kudos to Archie, it couldn’t have been an easy week for him, and he had the whole team ready to play.  With serious foul trouble to boot.  Great job!

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’m going with Rob for Most Valuable Player. This team goes as he goes. I’m going with Jordan for Most Important Player. The effort he gave when Race and Trayce were on the bench allowed the win

At one time in the game, our frontcourt was Jerome and Jordan...think about that...

So was going to go over to the post game thread but it seems JK is still derailing, so I'll post here. I'm old and getting up at 4:30 for work, I was asleep before the game started. So my replay is here on HSN! I thank you my brothers and sisters for helping me relive this epic game!

Archived